Looking for dec 16 firmware

2one

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Not even sure if anyone still reads the JooVuu threads but let’s give it a try.

found my JooVuu x this week and have been playing with it again. No issues so far but I would like to install firmware dec 16, and that is the only one I do not have.

can someone please share this with me? bin or elf format does not matter.

I dont have it, actually i have very few X cam firmwares now, i have no idea where the others are, but i assume lost in a reinstall or rebuild of my comouter

Same here. Looks like I have all but this one. Well, it works. Let’s give it another, final try

Lost what I had for the JV when the last laptop's HD died without warning.

Phil

Hard drives always die with no warning.

TBH i really need to get another external hard drive too, the one i have are pretty old by now, and also near full.
Just so many other things to get too, and right when you think you are on top of things, some unexpected 1000 USD bill drop in thru the door.

I have my hdd, backup and out of house backup disk. So have many copies of the same stuff, especially pictures. But since the firmware is not on my hdd, it’s not on any backup either

Just yesterday, I created a bootable clone of my primary hard drive. It is one of several I make on a periodic, rotating basis. I learned my lesson years ago when a lightning strike surge from miles away snuck through a phone line on an otherwise well defended computer system and fried my modem, motherboard and hard drive. At the time, I had a partial back-up on a DVD so at least I didn't lose everything. The good part was that APC, the company that made my (quite huge) UPS/surge suppressor paid me 700 dollars for the repair of the computer after I was able to provide details about what happened.

Last edited:
Stories of lightning getting into houses here are just that, stories and often very old ones, if it is not a direct lightning hit.
I would assume that now that phone and power wires to most houses are ground wires that have taken some of the chance of a traveling lightning.
But when i was younger, and lived in a house on a hill top, when lightning was around i did unplug my modem and computer power supply.

And also the antenna for my HAM radios as it was just asking for it, and once after unscrewing it i stood there with the end in my hand and thought " well if lightning hit the antenna, then where do it go when it get to here"
So the rocket scientist that i am, i placed the radio end plug on the antenna wire right next to my radiator, or rather i tried to cuz when the plug got within a foot or two of the radiator a big ass spark jumped, and i threw down the wire and ran like hell ( and i could do that as it was in the daytime, but of course the ground fault breaker kicked in when the spark happened and shut off all power in the house )

I assume it was one of those ground up things cuz there was no lightning or thunder, my HAM antenna was on a long steel pipe that did touch the ground in the bottom end.
But maybe aside for the time i blacked out a entire ship messing with the 440 V high voltage rails it was the biggest spark i have ever seen.

O i think it might have happened though, my mother with whom i shared my house once told me when i got home from being abroad for a few months that a lightning fried the phone, so we had a new landline phone, but my computer ASO was just fine.

Last edited:
I live on a mountain and my house and other buildings are covered with lightning rods. When a bad storm comes I now shut down my computers and unplug everything. And I have two large UPS device on my systems too.
When my motherboard got fried I heard thunder miles away but the storm was nowhere near my house so I kept working. Suddenly I heard a loud crack of thunder, still miles away and all of a sudden I heard a sound like a loud click and my computer went dark. Then it smelled like burnt electronics.

I was able to trace that the surge came through the telephone line into my modem (on the motherboard) and fried everything else. It seems lightning hit the telephone cable several miles from my house and traveled quite a distance.

Both the electric power and the telephone line went through the UPS. The UPS protected the AC circuit just fine but not the phone line.

If i was to build a house here, one of the items very high on the want list are a tall metal mast, not like a radio / TV tower tall, just a tall mast that can still stand on its own, and act like a very tall flag pole on which i would fly my own flag or announcements i feel like making.

Also with the hope it would act like a lightning rod for the heart of the property of course.

After that a tall concrete wall around the heart of the property, and it should be at least 16 feet tall, and i will deck it out with other things making it very unpleasant to try and get over.
And with a gate with a combo of RFID and code access, would not mind if it was a double gate, so once you passed thru the first one you still have one more.

And since Danes of old had a tradition of naming their house, my place should be named Fort Hard Knocks :)

And with enough money i would splash for a large LED billboard, also for signaling passers by, which might think they could score big in this place coming unannounced, or other unpleasant things i have to say about passers by.
I am thinking maybe have this visible over the wall so it can also act as general illumination of the main part of the property or at least the front of it

If i was to build a house here, one of the items very high on the want list are a tall metal mast, not like a radio / TV tower tall, just a tall mast that can still stand on its own, and act like a very tall flag pole on which i would fly my own flag or announcements i feel like making.

Also with the hope it would act like a lightning rod for the heart of the property of course.

After that a tall concrete wall around the heart of the property, and it should be at least 16 feet tall, and i will deck it out with other things making it very unpleasant to try and get over.
And with a gate with a combo of RFID and code access, would not mind if it was a double gate, so once you passed thru the first one you still have one more.

And since Danes of old had a tradition of naming their house, my place should be named Fort Hard Knocks :)

And with enough money i would splash for a large LED billboard, also for signaling passers by, which might think they could score big in this place coming unannounced, or other unpleasant things i have to say about passers by.
I am thinking maybe have this visible over the wall so it can also act as general illumination of the main part of the property or at least the front of it

Sounds like your house should have a guard tower with a machine gun and a powerful spotlight. And razor wire on the wall. And a moat!

My fantasy is to build a giant stone tower on my little mountain, modeled after a local one in the nearby town. There is an old mental institution there that was established back in 1834 that at one time was called the "Vermont Asylum for the Insane". The place is still in business as a mental health facility but they don't call it the Asylum anymore, they call it the "Retreat". On their 300 acre property they have a beautiful old stone tower built in 1887 they open for visits once in a while and I think it would be built to look a lot like that one.

retreat_tower.jpeg

Last edited:
Hehe :) anyone with a invite are welcome, and i do hope i will be able to feel like i can invite more people, but anyone else and i will have to start up the mini digger and make yet another shallow unmarked grave on my land.
it is not CUZ i want to, but here and now the concept of respecting other peoples property are a long gone concept, along with you as the owner being not being allowed to tell people like that off, i can only assume it is a result of decades of bleeding heart liberals calling the shots, and of course what other people we let in here.
Some hours ago i was at the gas station and outside and later inside, some guy in a BMW with Romanian plates was barking "order's" to someone with his phone in walkie mode, really not classy at all, but what can you expect from a gang of thieves chieftain.

I assume my DR in parking mode have recorded some of his conversation but i dont know anyone with skills in that language.

If it is important to you or irreplaceable, you take steps to protect it ;) At the time of my loss, all the info was still readily and easily available online so I wasn't concerned as by then I had already given up on the cam :mad: I still have it, it is still bricked, and maybe oneday when I'm totally bored I may try something with it again.

I lost half a house of things electrical from a lightning strike once. My electrical service came across an open field then about 1m from the house passed very close to a tree. Once I figured out what had happened while I was away, I took a closer look and you could see where the strike had jumped from the wire to the tree then to ground in a ~25mm wide burn mark. Had that not happened I would probably have come home to a large pile of ashes instead o_O

Phil

Several times over the years I've been in my house when one of my lightning rods took a direct hit. The lightning rod system that someone installed back in the 1940's does a fantastic job but the sound when they take a hit can make you jump off the floor! It's pretty scary.

One time, during a fierce thunderstorm I was looking out the picture window in my living room when there was a bright, blinding flash and a REALLY loud sound of a powerful explosion. It sounded like a bomb went off and it was so blinding I couldn't see for several seconds. It was at night and raining like cats and dogs so I couldn't figure out what happened until the next morning.

So, the next morning I discovered that a white birch tree about thirty feet from my house had taken a direct lightning hit. The entire tree was completely shattered to smithereens! In a nearly perfect circle spreading out about 50 feet in diameter there was nothing left of the tree but splinters and small chunks of white birch tree surrounding a blackened stump about a foot tall. Somewhere I have some photos but it was in the days before digital cameras so I'd have to scan them if I wanted to post them. I'd have to find where I put them first, but maybe I'll take a look. It was quite a sight!

Right behind my house I have a number of 100'+ Cottonwood trees. Because of their height they make great natural lightning rods. A few years ago one of them took a direct hit (I wasn't home at the time so have no idea how loud it was), split it completely down one side all the way to the ground and pieces of bark were thrown on my roof, yard, deck, etc. In spite of the massive damage/injury to the tree it was about 10 years before I had to take it down, and then because of disease versus the lightning strike.

I would imagine that the split from the lightning strike is what made the tree susceptible to disease. I've seen that happen to some damaged trees out in my woods, especially after our last serious ice storm in 2008.

Yeah a close strike do and should set the fear of god in any man, i have experienced it 2 times now.
First time i was just a kid the lightning hit the play area we just left minutes ago to seek shelter under a balcony, the distance was just 40 - 50 feet.
Then years later when i was 15 or so, lightning struck close by our house, it made the grandfather clock rattle and also pictures on the wall, and that was by no means a crappy old house.
But what i remember most that evening was the massive rainfall, the road we lived on was not at any worthwhile slope, but still i am sure you could paddle or at least drift along in a inflatable if you tried.

Funny enough street view tag my address at the time if you move along and stop close to the yellow house on the left where we lived back then.

I would imagine that the split from the lightning strike is what made the tree susceptible to disease. I've seen that happen to some damaged trees out in my woods, especially after our last serious ice storm in 2008.

No doubt. I was surprised it lasted as long as it did. It was an interesting conversation piece for quite a while. I still have a piece of wood from one of the branches where you can see the path the current took - looks like a worm eating it away under the bark.

Yeah a close strike do and should set the fear of god in any man, i have experienced it 2 times now....
I've been close enough to lightning strikes to smell them twice in my life - that's 2 times too many :eek:. Once a house across the street took a hit and blew parts of the front porch off, the second time I was playing golf and had just walked off the course when there was a strike about 60 yards behind me.

I've personally felt a strong electrical jolt from 3 nearby lightning strikes, and once it wasn't yet raining from the incoming storm. In the local NWS Skywarn classes they show where a local man was killed by lightning while moving his lawn and the lightning bolt came from 15 miles away :eek: From where that man was at you could not see any clouds in the sky for the trees, and witnesses stated that save for that one strike they had not heard any thunder. It was just his time to go and there's no defense against that kind of thing ;)

I've seen all manner of lightning damage from shattered trees, to electrical panels blown 30 feet away from the houses where they were attached, to cars with all the electronics burned out, to radios where the PCB's were chunks of charred toast, to fiberglass antennas blown into tiny bits and aluminum antenna elements melted into globs of scrap metal, and much more. I traced the path of one nearby strike from the top of the roof ridge, down the roof truss to the outside wall, down a stud, across a floor joist back toward the center of the building, down a stud there, back across another floor joist to the outside wall again, then finally down another stud to ground. I was about 50 feet away from that one in another building and felt my tool belt electrified by it. I've never dropped my tool belt as fast as I did that day :LOL: But that was nothing compared to the EF-0 tornado which followed a few minutes later five hundred feet away in a field o_O THAT was spooky as it always is because you don't know the strength or path and by then there's nothing more you can do to protect yourself- all you can do is ride it out and hope you'll come through OK :cautious:

There's a lot you can do to improve your odds with lightning but nothing is absolute. It's a part of nature and in the end nature will always win and keep going whether you do or not.

Phil

I saw a ball lightning at my grandmothers place as a kid, this weird translucent soccer ball sized orb came slowly down down at a 45 deg angle over the house next door and into the field behind it.
it cant have been more than running speed, so i got a good look at it from the kitchen table in front of the big window.

Back