Looking for Dual Cam for motorcycles

melensdad

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm looking for the best, most reliable and, importantly, most idiot-proof (or at least idiot resistant) dual camera motorcycle DVR that I can find. I like the concept of an automobile 'dash cam' set up where its simply permanently installed and works pretty much automatically. Turns on/off automatically.

One feature I really want is an SOS Button that lets me save a short (15 to 30 second) video clip from being over-written. Ideally the button should be on a wire so it can be remote mounted near one of the grips!

Must be fully WaterProof ... not waterproof is PROBABLY a deal breaker?
Don't care if it has a live view screen, in fact they seem pointless
SOS record lock button that is mounted on the DVR seems pointless if the DVR is mounted under the seat

I like this one but it is NOT waterproof => https://motoprocam.com/collections/...rocam-dual-1080p-motorcycle-dvr-camera-system

I like this one but it does NOT have an SOS record lock button => https://www.innovv.com/innovv-k2

I like this one but it is OUT OF STOCK with no in-stock date => https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07DWT911R
This one seems like a decent option, is reviewed on a bunch of sites (not necessarily reliable sites) but also its indicated the updated version, which is out of stock, is better so therefore this may just be outdated but available? => https://www.amazon.com/gp/B075FR7R3W

Anyone have an advice on what is available, reliable, and has the features?

Other than this posting look a lot like SPAM, this has nothing to do with the question I asked about DUAL CAMERA set ups.

WTH???

Other than this posting look a lot like SPAM, this has nothing to do with the question I asked about DUAL CAMERA set ups.

WTH???
Yes, something confused me about your question, for some reason I only singled out for myself this:
Anyone have an advice on what is ... reliable, and has the features?
For some reason I missed about DUAL camera.

I once tested this moto-dashcam with the function of locking a file on the remote control (from the manual: Record button: Press once to lock the current video file (only works while recording),
Hold down for 3 seconds to start/end recording
) and I could make sure that the design was waterproof.
Although now, looking at the photo, I understand that not enough photos have been taken to understand that the remote control is also waterproof...

PS: And I brought the link that I could find, this moto-dash from Taiwan and not so many links to it

Last edited:
I'm looking for the best, most reliable and, importantly, most idiot-proof (or at least idiot resistant) dual camera motorcycle DVR that I can find. I like the concept of an automobile 'dash cam' set up where its simply permanently installed and works pretty much automatically. Turns on/off automatically.
One feature I really want is an SOS Button that lets me save a short (15 to 30 second) video clip from being over-written. Ideally the button should be on a wire so it can be remote mounted near one of the grips!
I like this one but it is OUT OF STOCK with no in-stock date => https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07DWT911R

From the links you cited, I would have paid attention to the Blueskysea DV688 2ch, it has locking support in the specification,
Emergency lock: Support
Although, if you wait a bit, there is hope that Blueskysea will present an improved and reworked version of this dashcam (perhaps that is why - OUT OF STOCK), they started doing it, although how soon it will happen is unknown yet.

We will have one to be released in 2 months, meet all of your requirement, and better than most of the current models in the market on spec.

Tiny control unit? No screen, but app control?

If cables to cams are long enough can see use as side cams on a large truck.

We will have one to be released in 2 months, meet all of your requirement, and better than most of the current models in the market on spec.
I'd be interested in being a beta tester if it has the proper features!

I'd be interested in being a beta tester if it has the proper features!
Normally we offer samples for Dashcamtalk members for testing, if you are not hurrying to get this dash cam, we can offer one.

Tiny control unit? No screen, but app control?

If cables to cams are long enough can see use as side cams on a large truck.
A little bigger than VIOFO A129 remote control.

There will be also a dash cam type, should be no problem using on a large truck.

Normally we offer samples for Dashcamtalk members for testing, if you are not hurrying to get this dash cam, we can offer one.
I would be very interested in this (y)

Our long distance trip motorcycle trip is not until August of this year. So as long as I have it in time to get it installed and tested prior to our trip it would be great to have. We are looking to run up the east coast of Lake Michigan, then cross in Canada, all the way around Lake Superior, then back down the west coast of Lake Michigan. Roughly 2500 miles, mostly on twisty roads staying off the internets, following the shoreline as much as possible. :)

Thanks for interested this. No problem to get it ready before August.

I'd also love to be a beta tester for you. I commute every day with wretched Phoenix AZ drivers, which has me also searching for a dash cam type system. I'm just so leery of buying anything due to the extreme AZ heat. I see such mixed reviews on every unit I look at that I just can't pull the trigger on any of them yet.

I'd be very interested in testing the Viofo motorcycle cam.

I currently use a helmet mounted front facing cam. After I install a Viofo duo IR (whenever it gets released, I've got teen drivers) I'll have a spare Garmin 55 and Aukey DR02 dashcam that I've been considering mounting somehow on the back of my motorcycle facing to the rear. Really not sure how I'd do that though.

Here's a clip from a "near miss". I try to anticipate accidents while riding, so you notice I moved far to the right as I passed the box truck and we both approached the intersection, in case the truck made a right turn (which it did). The truck driver turned his blinker on just as I passed his rear. Of course I always assume drivers never use blinkers. Many bicycle riders around the world have been crushed to death, generally from trucks turning right, when a bicycle rider was also along the right of the truck, and the truck turns right at an upcoming intersection. The biker gets trapped under the wheels. If you keep this horrible image in your mind then you are more likely to recognize the situation developing and take action, like fall behind or keep your distance from the side of the truck.

Last edited:
It is better we keep talking for camera requirement.

For our new motocycle dash cam review request, please send PM to me.

It is better we keep talking for camera requirement.
I am willing to pay for quality build and for factory (or distributor) support. I pay extra for Apple computer products because they are idiot proof, well built and reliable. I look at all my electronic purchases from that perspective. I want reliable, well built, simple to use products.

Here are my thoughts, I'm interested to hear what others think are "must have" features.

Must have features:
  1. Waterproof ... every part must be waterproof
  2. Remote SOS type button to lock video (roughly 30 seconds) that can reach hand grips
  3. Dual cameras (prefer Sony sensors)

Desirable, but not deal killers:
  1. G-shock video lock
  2. Park mode
  3. 256gb card support instead of 128

Back