Looking for Dual Cam for motorcycles

I used an Innovv K1 for a number of years, they have a K2 out now that I'm surprised no one mentioned yet. However I was never happy with the K1 from a reliability perspective, as often as not I would get to my destination and discover the unit had locked up somewhere along the trip. Effectively rending it useless. I tried ferrite cores, delay timer switches, better power connectors, faster microSC cards, active cooling, and none of it made it more reliable.

I'm told the K2 is much more reliable but I'd hold off until there are some verified uses of it for more that a short while. I have an A119 in my and my wife's vehicles and have been pretty happy with them, so a VIOFO dual motorbike camera will definitely have my attention.
Limited samples will be available for testing in the next month.

nudge - nudge - know what i mean ;)

Interested in testing anything out as well. I need to find something that will withstand the rumble and vibrations of a Harley. ;) I've currently got Blueskysea B1W's in my cars, but they've been a bit unreliable as late (was even considering mounting one of these up to my bike, but not with the current issues of it locking up).

Interested in testing anything out as well. I need to find something that will withstand the rumble and vibrations of a Harley. ;) I've currently got Blueskysea B1W's in my cars, but they've been a bit unreliable as late (was even considering mounting one of these up to my bike, but not with the current issues of it locking up).
For motorcycle dashcam, you might have a look at DV688...

I'm looking for the best, most reliable and, importantly, most idiot-proof (or at least idiot resistant) dual camera motorcycle DVR that I can find. I like the concept of an automobile 'dash cam' set up where its simply permanently installed and works pretty much automatically. Turns on/off automatically.

One feature I really want is an SOS Button that lets me save a short (15 to 30 second) video clip from being over-written. Ideally the button should be on a wire so it can be remote mounted near one of the grips!

Must be fully WaterProof ... not waterproof is PROBABLY a deal breaker?
Don't care if it has a live view screen, in fact they seem pointless
SOS record lock button that is mounted on the DVR seems pointless if the DVR is mounted under the seat

I like this one but it is NOT waterproof => https://motoprocam.com/collections/...rocam-dual-1080p-motorcycle-dvr-camera-system

I like this one but it does NOT have an SOS record lock button => https://www.innovv.com/innovv-k2

I like this one but it is OUT OF STOCK with no in-stock date => https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07DWT911R
This one seems like a decent option, is reviewed on a bunch of sites (not necessarily reliable sites) but also its indicated the updated version, which is out of stock, is better so therefore this may just be outdated but available? => https://www.amazon.com/gp/B075FR7R3W

Anyone have an advice on what is available, reliable, and has the features?

You can take a look to my post here ; the product is not perfect, but i believe is acceptable for the price.
The model in my post is not fully waterproof (the DVR unit is not sealed), but now they sell a full sealed unit, with both cam fullHD and no screen.
You can find it on Aliexpress; i bought one for a friend of mine, and it works as expected, maybe just the DVR is bigger and heavier then i expected

Last edited:
We our back from our motorcycle trip that went around all 5 of the Great Lakes, into 2 countries and crossed through parts of 8 US states. No dash cam was used. There were a few incidents where it might have come in handy like when I almost hit a moose that ran across the Trans Canadian Hwy in front of my on a curve.

We are now planning riding the same two motorcycles from Chicago, IL to at least Alburquerque, NM (and possibly to western Arizona, where we would detour north to the Grand Canyon) along the old 2 lane highway of Route 66. Often called the Mother Road, many parts of historic Route 66 still exist, other parts were melded into more modern roadways. But it is still possible to ride from Chicago to the West Coast along 2 lane roads without using the modern Interstate Hwy system.

VIOFO has been in contact with me and is graciously sending me a test version of their camera system. I am currently away from home but I will instal the camera on one of our touring motorcycles when I get back into town (about 2 weeks) to test the system in real world conditions, provide them feedback, and hopefully the camera system will be used along our upcoming Route 66 trip.

I hope thats the historical Route 66, as i understand much of it are now alongside major Hwys.

I hope thats the historical Route 66, as i understand much of it are now alongside major Hwys.
Yes, in most areas, the old/historic Route 66 runs along (or within a mile of) other roads, but not necessarily interstates.

We will have one to be released in 2 months, meet all of your requirement, and better than most of the current models in the market on spec.
Do you need testers ? If so i would be more than willing to test it out for you if you want and give you my honest opinion .

I received my test unit while I was out of town on a trip.

Just got home and unpacked it. There are no instructions with the test unit but it appears that it will be pretty straight forward to install.

There is no screen. I presume there is a Smart Phone App that connects to the unit via WiFi. I will look for that when I get back into my normal routine, finish unpacking from my trip, etc.

But I wanted to post up the unpacking photos. I don't know the specs, etc.

Overview of everything inside the box. 2 sets of 2 different types of camera mounts, each with its own allen key. Velcro to attach everything to the motorcycle. Plus the main DVR unit.
BB3EDE7D-C2DB-4BB5-B951-EDD1B2B10117.jpg

The DVR unit appears to be highly water resistant with the only possible point of entry for water coming through the port cover. If the port cover remains secure under vibration then water intrusion does not look like it will be an issue.
472F2641-63C0-4EFF-A9C9-D4E09BD1C1B7.jpg

The two cameras appear to be the same. The housing appear to be anodized aluminum and look very robust.
723E4B61-00E3-4955-9314-B71BBA0D2504.jpg

I'm guessing the square box is a GPS unit.
The round unit has 2 buttons, one is marked RECORD so I presume that is the 'Panic' button to save a video clip. There is a tiny hole that might be a microphone to record audio. The other button looks like it might be used to connect the unit to a smart phone? Not really sure.
DA7C4EF1-864F-4371-8964-77745C477BE7.jpg

Camera mount style 1. There are 2 of these.
6DAC6C14-6120-4E8D-BC1E-2D1E6FA983FB.jpg

Camera mount style 2. There are 2 of these.
63D12A8C-3D63-48A5-99EC-ACB30A027077.jpg

Wiring with an inline fuse:
67CE63CC-C965-494A-87D2-E745C385D83A.jpg

Velcro mounts for both types of camera mounts:
6221127E-AA66-4AFC-B1DF-8D1D2AE14EB8.jpg

Yes, use the Viofo app from the app store for the wifi, turn the wifi on using the remote first, flashing blue is on, solid blue is connected.

It is all waterproof, but I recommend placing the card slot at the bottom, not at the top where rain drops may sit on it.

Black = 0 volts/ground.
Red = power, 12 volts.
Blue is ignition (12 volts), must be connected or the DVR will not power up.

I received my test unit while I was out of town on a trip.

Just got home and unpacked it. There are no instructions with the test unit but it appears that it will be pretty straight forward to install.

There is no screen. I presume there is a Smart Phone App that connects to the unit via WiFi. I will look for that when I get back into my normal routine, finish unpacking from my trip, etc.

But I wanted to post up the unpacking photos. I don't know the specs, etc.

Overview of everything inside the box. 2 sets of 2 different types of camera mounts, each with its own allen key. Velcro to attach everything to the motorcycle. Plus the main DVR unit.
BB3EDE7D-C2DB-4BB5-B951-EDD1B2B10117.jpg

The DVR unit appears to be highly water resistant with the only possible point of entry for water coming through the port cover. If the port cover remains secure under vibration then water intrusion does not look like it will be an issue.
472F2641-63C0-4EFF-A9C9-D4E09BD1C1B7.jpg

The two cameras appear to be the same. The housing appear to be anodized aluminum and look very robust.
723E4B61-00E3-4955-9314-B71BBA0D2504.jpg

I'm guessing the square box is a GPS unit.
The round unit has 2 buttons, one is marked RECORD so I presume that is the 'Panic' button to save a video clip. There is a tiny hole that might be a microphone to record audio. The other button looks like it might be used to connect the unit to a smart phone? Not really sure.
DA7C4EF1-864F-4371-8964-77745C477BE7.jpg

Camera mount style 1. There are 2 of these.
6DAC6C14-6120-4E8D-BC1E-2D1E6FA983FB.jpg

Camera mount style 2. There are 2 of these.
63D12A8C-3D63-48A5-99EC-ACB30A027077.jpg

Wiring with an inline fuse:
67CE63CC-C965-494A-87D2-E745C385D83A.jpg

Velcro mounts for both types of camera mounts:
6221127E-AA66-4AFC-B1DF-8D1D2AE14EB8.jpg
Glad to see you have received it.
You can post feedback and start a thread on MT1 category.

The early version doesn't come with gift box and manual.

@viofo, what are the FOV angles of the two lenses on this cam? Are they both the same?

With the proper FOV, a camera like this might make for an excellent set of stealthy side facing car or truck dash cameras if the coverage is suitable.

@viofo, what are the FOV angles of the two lenses on this cam? Are they both the same?

With the proper FOV, a camera like this might make for an excellent set of stealthy side facing car or truck dash cameras if the coverage is suitable.
It is a very wide lens, the lens spec FOV is 166 degree, from Taiwan company, specially designed for motorcycle dashcam use for better protective of scratch, rust, etc.

Back