Looking for Dual Cam for motorcycles

It is a very wide lens, the lens spec FOV is 166 degree, from Taiwan company, specially designed for motorcycle dashcam use for better protective of scratch, rust, etc.

Thanks for the reply. 166º FOV coverage sounds very intriguing as it could make for good side facing coverage in a car, especially if these lenses are reasonably well corrected for barrel distortion.

Aside from that, I'm very pleased to hear that you have gone to the trouble of sourcing lenses that are resistant to scratches. Wind driven particles and road grit can wreak havoc when it hits glass at high speed.
Last year, I had to replace the windshield on my truck because it had become so full of pock-marks from being hit with sand and small particles that it was hard to see through in certain lighting conditions. No other manufacturer of dedicated motorcycle cameras has addressed this problem until now. (y)

Viofo need to fix that GPS speed, mine often over-reads too, but yours is showing 106 MPH in a 60MPH speed limit!

Could also do with an auto-leveling feature for the wheelies...

Yeah deffo is a problem. I am wondering though if the GPS has a max read figure.

@Dashmellow sounds like your truck may have had a defective glass windscreen, Our trucks in UK don't get that problem, But they are limited to 56mph, I know yours do over 80mph as I was in PA a few weeks ago and those trucks were fast

Will be good for up to about 400mph or thereabouts
Where does that limit come from?

The only civilian vehicle to ever exceed the official GPS speed limit was Concord, and that limit is only there to prevent enemies of the USA using it for guiding ICBMs!

Can't recall the exact number but it's around that, don't know if all consumer GPS chipsets have the same max speed but it would make sense I guess

When I said deffo there was a problem, it was a joke.

@Dashmellow sounds like your truck may have had a defective glass windscreen, Our trucks in UK don't get that problem, But they are limited to 56mph, I know yours do over 80mph as I was in PA a few weeks ago and those trucks were fast

No, the windshield glass was not defective, it's the environment.

Pock-marked windshields are a common and chronic problem in my rural location where many of us live and travel on dirt/gravel roads on a daily basis. The damage happens slowly and almost imperceptibly for a period of several years until it becomes a significant problem. One doesn't even have to be driving for this to occur. Yesterday was a hellaciously windy day, especially up here on the modest sized mountain I live on. I even had to abandon/postpone a project I was working on because it became too difficult to handle the polycarbonate greenhouse panels I was working with. Later in the day, as I was about to leave my driveway, I could hear small wind driven particles hitting my truck's windshield as they blew off the nearby dirt roadway.

Last edited:
In my friends Dodge ram charger with larger tires and a not working speedo, the ( Garmin i think ) NAV unit he used to indicate speed some times in the forest coughed up speeds that for shear wind resistance would make the mid 80ties Dodge catch fire.
And we was driving the 40 km/h speed limit in the forest.

Anyone that got the MT1 having problems updating the firmware, I can't get mine to update app or sd card,

It will need a FAT32 format card (maybe <= 32GB) for a firmware upgrade, never tried via the app, and never had any problem via card.

Thanks, I have A129 and that updates fine, the MT1 is same system and has been used for a while now, tried resetting cam to default, format. It won't show that it's been updated on firmware version in the app. And no flashing lights that usually show its installed. It has a 64gb card same as the A129 that updated to V1. 9 this morning via app, no problem.

I had to download a separate Fat32 program for the card, that worked I could then install new firmware.

Did OP ever pick a motorcycle dashcam?

I have had an Innovv K2 since August. Had some problems with the power supply but they seem to be worked out now.

Support has been fantastic, through US based vendor OCDTronic.

A dashcamtalk forum member has been developing alternative firmwares for the K2. I've been experimenting with one which boosts recording to 20 Mbit/s (vs the default 13) for improved video quality.

I think this is the way to go, since SD storage keeps getting larger and cheaper. I use 128 GB cards in both my dashcams and may upgrade to 256 GB cards by year's end.

The K2 works for me, but it doesn't have a manual recording lock button. To me that was a selling point. No need for it, and I didn't need yet another gadget to clutter my handlebars.

A reverse trike. :)

Back