Looking for front/rear camera

xilex

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all, I owned a Viofo A129 that died shortly after warranty expired (lasted 15 months), so I'm not too happy with the end result and am looking for another brand. I live in Los Angeles, so I guess weather could be a contributing factor. I drive a Tesla, so it has its own pseudo dashcam, but it's not consistently reliable nor does it have audio, hence the need for a dedicated dashcam. My requirements are a clear front and rear view, so a 2CH camera. I don't need anything fancy such as parking mode, GPS, advanced driver assist stuff, wifi, cloud features. Just continuous looping recording, save on crash that I can't press save, manual save. I was also aiming for 1080p instead of 4K.

I looked at Thinkware f800Pro but it seems that I can't adjust any of the options (ie video quality). But maybe I'm overthinking that it would be a nice feature to have. I also looked at Blackvue DR590, a basic model with some more flexibility in video quality settings. Alternatively, the Aukey DR03 or two DR02s is another (cheaper) option, and I've seen good comments about SG9663DCPRO (leaning towards this).

What do you guys think? Thanks.

Hi all, I owned a Viofo A129 that died shortly after warranty expired (lasted 15 months), so I'm not too happy with the end result and am looking for another brand. I live in Los Angeles, so I guess weather could be a contributing factor. I drive a Tesla, so it has its own pseudo dashcam, but it's not consistently reliable nor does it have audio, hence the need for a dedicated dashcam. My requirements are a clear front and rear view, so a 2CH camera. I don't need anything fancy such as parking mode, GPS, advanced driver assist stuff, wifi, cloud features. Just continuous looping recording, save on crash that I can't press save, manual save. I was also aiming for 1080p instead of 4K.

I looked at Thinkware f800Pro but it seems that I can't adjust any of the options (ie video quality). But maybe I'm overthinking that it would be a nice feature to have. I also looked at Blackvue DR590, a basic model with some more flexibility in video quality settings. Alternatively, the Aukey DR03 or two DR02s is another (cheaper) option, and I've seen good comments about SG9663DCPRO (leaning towards this).

What do you guys think? Thanks.

Street Guardian. Contact @jokiin . He's very active and really cares about his product. I own two A129 Duos and both work flawlessly, but seeing you're unhappy, Street Guardian is definitely a top pick. @jokiin will point you in the right direction.

Back