Looking for front/rear dash cam that can handle hot weather

Gael

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have/had a Thinkware F750 (it's turning itself off after about 5 seconds or so) with rear camera, hard wired into my car. I'm working with Thinkware support on my F750, but it's over 1 year old so I think I'll be SOL on a warranty replacement. So I'm planning ahead to figure out the best option for a front and rear dash camera that can handle high heat (I live in Southern Arizona, supposed to reach 109F on Friday).

I want another front/rear unit that I can hard wire into the car that has parking mode. No need for the lane departure/collision warnings etc. 1080p+ front required, 1080p+ rear preferred.

Let me know if you need any additional information to help point me in the right direction, thanks!

Your location in mind you would probably be best off waiting a little for the dual remote camera systems about to make a splash on the scene, with those you can store the main unit down lows in the coldest possible place, or at the least out of direct sun.
This should make them more temperature resistant or less prone to get help getting up in temperature from sun.
You should also be able to use good regular cameras, but for parking guard parked in the sun thats not going to work, but for regular use recording when driving it should be fine too.

But as they are on the horizon i would wait for the dual remotes if i lived in a hot place and was in the market for a new camera.

The DR model from street guardian should be out for sale in a couple of months i recon, the K2 motorcycle camera from Innovv ( also usable in a car ) i think will be out even sooner, other brands will probably also be there soon, but no real communication from them.
In general i feel the remote camera models are the way forward, at least the design open up for several future upgrades like higher bitrates - other than SD card storage, ASO.

I'm using the Blackvue DR590 here in San Antonio, TX. The temp here is just a little behind you and it's been working fine. You could expect the Temps inside the vehicle to be 20-30 degrees hotter than the outside temperature. The Blackvue is tested for 158 degrees.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have/had a Thinkware F750 (it's turning itself off after about 5 seconds or so) with rear camera, hard wired into my car. I'm working with Thinkware support on my F750, but it's over 1 year old so I think I'll be SOL on a warranty replacement. So I'm planning ahead to figure out the best option for a front and rear dash camera that can handle high heat (I live in Southern Arizona, supposed to reach 109F on Friday).

I want another front/rear unit that I can hard wire into the car that has parking mode. No need for the lane departure/collision warnings etc. 1080p+ front required, 1080p+ rear preferred.

Let me know if you need any additional information to help point me in the right direction, thanks!

Street Guardian. @jokiin lives in Australia and puts his product through rigorous testing. If anything will handle the heat, I'd put my stock in Street Guardian to meet the challenges of Arizona.

Street Guardian. @jokiin lives in Australia and puts his product through rigorous testing. If anything will handle the heat, I'd put my stock in Street Guardian to meet the challenges of Arizona.

I lived in Houston for a period of time and it's no joke that the sun bakes a car. I saw numerous people who had their dash crack from heat.

Back