Looking for Mobius mount

Noonamee

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
up.png

Found this in one of Amazon reviews. I tried searching around but there was no result. Can someone tell me where to buy it? (The whole thing including the metal bar)

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Umpteen
View attachment 47891

Found this in one of Amazon reviews. I tried searching around but there was no result. Can someone tell me where to buy it? (The whole thing including the metal bar)

These are made by a Chinese company called SmallRig. You can buy direct from them and on Amazon.

The product you are asking about is called a "Cheese Bar". It is mounted with tripod thread accessories and a standard (apparently modified) ball joint tripod thread mount.

https://www.smallrig.com/

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=smallrig+cheese+bar&crid=2ACD5DZN03Y97&sprefix=smallrig+che,aps,285&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_5_12

OP
N

Noonamee

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Do they have the same thread size?

Edit: Do you know the thread size of Mobius? I purchased it from Spytech on Amazon and there's not even a manual!

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Umpteen
Do they have the same thread size?

Edit: Do you know the thread size of Mobius? I purchased it from Spytech on Amazon and there's not even a manual!

I see you edited your post for clarification.

The Mobius uses a standard 1/4"-20 screw mount as found on any typical (USA) tripod. European mounts are often the 3/8"-16 type. (or metric)

Last edited:

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Umpteen
BTW, 1/4"-20 means that the shaft of the screw is 1/4 inch in diameter and it has 20 screw threads per inch. Sometimes the second number is listed as the distance between the threads (pitch).

diameter.png

pitch.png

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Umpteen
That rod in the second link has 1/4” and 3/8” holes for mounting your camera and accessories to a tripod. It has M12 (female) threads on each end. M12 means "metric 12mm" For example, the lens in your dash camera is called an M12 x .05 lens because its barrel is 12mm in diameter and it has a .05mm thread pitch.

Last edited:
OP
N

Noonamee

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you. It's good to know that. I buy bolts and nuts at Home Depot all the time but never know it.

Dashmellow

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Umpteen
Thank you. It's good to know that. I buy bolts and nuts at Home Depot all the time but never know it.

You're welcome!

Do a little internet searching and you'll find lots of information and charts that explain how all the different screw and thread sizes work.

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Numerous and ever-changing
I made my 'MadMax' Mobius mount from a metal tee bracket, a 1/4-20 bolt, and a nut. I simply bent the bracket for vertical aiming :cool: Easy to fabricate mounts for the Mobius and other cams using that tripod thread.

Phil