Looking for new camera

Roberthodgson

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have decided to upgrade my current dashboard camera as it has a 5 second gap between recordings, GPS would be nice but not really needed the main requirements are

Video quality
No gap in recording

Any sugestions on what best one to get (I was thinking on the new CR500HD but $350'isma lo of money for a camera that may not come with any warranty

Roberthodgson said:
I have decided to upgrade my current dashboard camera as it has a 5 second gap between recordings, GPS would be nice but not really needed the main requirements are

Video quality
No gap in recording

Any sugestions on what best one to get (I was thinking on the new CR500HD but $350'isma lo of money for a camera that may not come with any warranty

Hi Roberthodgson,

I think the FineVu CR500-HD is way too expensive given that it is only marginally better then the Itronics ITB-100HD that costs about half the price. If you are looking for a high quality camera, that would be my pick. More details can be found on the Dash Cam Comparison page.

Dash Cam Man

I thought of lending this topic for my quest to finding a suitable dashcam.

I tried out the i1000 for a week now and although it is a suitable dashcam for every-day use, I'm not entirely impressed with its quality.
The day quality of it is fine but as far as night quality goes, you can't see a thing. I love the rear-camera of it, as it allows me to use it as a sort of reversing-camera.

I'm trying to now find some sort of dashcam that would have a good night quality, even if it was only 720p. 1080p would of course be preferably, but it should have at least 720p. I'm not in need of GPS or G-sensor functions, but it'd be nice to have a dashcam that record both front & back/interior. And to make things worse, I'm looking for something to fit in a small budget of $100 / 80€. The F500LHD looks great, but doesn't have any reverse/interior camera.

Is there such a camera out there or am I hunting ghosts? :D

IcyAero said:
I thought of lending this topic for my quest to finding a suitable dashcam.

I tried out the i1000 for a week now and although it is a suitable dashcam for every-day use, I'm not entirely impressed with its quality.
The day quality of it is fine but as far as night quality goes, you can't see a thing. I love the rear-camera of it, as it allows me to use it as a sort of reversing-camera.

I'm trying to now find some sort of dashcam that would have a good night quality, even if it was only 720p. 1080p would of course be preferably, but it should have at least 720p. I'm not in need of GPS or G-sensor functions, but it'd be nice to have a dashcam that record both front & back/interior. And to make things worse, I'm looking for something to fit in a small budget of $100 / 80€. The F500LHD looks great, but doesn't have any reverse/interior camera.

Is there such a camera out there or am I hunting ghosts? :D

Hi IcyAero,

For $100 night time quality is average at best. Even the F500LHD is grainy at night, hence why many people spend $175+ for Itronics, Blackvue and FineVu cameras. Finding a dual camera with good night time quality is even harder. I haven't seen any with good quality at night. Unfortunately, I think you will need to increase your budget or reduce expectations.

Dash Cam Man

Back