Looking for new dashcam

sftl97

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9665GC (2)
Hi All, my first post in quite some time. I recently purchased a new car and would be interested in installing a dual (front/back) camera setup.
I still have my original ver. 1. dashcams but when I removed them, and checked the recordings with registra viewer I noticed the video was a bit off focus.
So it's probably better to just get new ones.

Just need some advise.

Thanks

Fred

Living in a hot place like FL i would keep a eye on focus, maybe save screen grabs from a intersection where you are often stopped in the daytime, and have things ahead of you to gauge focus on.
I have been contemplating doing the same with future cameras as this will let me build a long term database of focus performance, and there are a lot of intersections in town where i often get held up.
And you need to be stopped and have daylight to best gauge focus performance.
Sadly none of the intersections have have the same "targets" both left and right in the footage, but i have a couple of my regular intersections where i feel i can do good work with footage from there.

Okay this mean i will have to look at my footage more often, which are okay i feel i have been underperforming a little in my duties lately as things have shifted int a more casual usage.

Back