Looking for professional reviewers to test A129 Plus eMMC version

viofo

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
A129 Pro / A129 Duo / A119 V3 / A119S / G1W-S / WR1/
There is a new A129 Plus eMMC version which built-in 16GB storage(actual available storage is about 14GB) will be released in 2 to 3 weeks.
We are looking for professional DCT members to test and offer feedback.

The eMMC storage is used for temporarily recording, and normally an external memory card is required.
1. While there is no microSD card inserted, it will use eMMC for recording but will keep notifying the user to insert the memory card.
2. While the microSD card failed like a memory error, will use the eMMC for recording but will keep notifying the user to replace the memory card.

Is this a constant "beep" notification to replace/enter memory card? That would get annoying after a couple minutes. I assume this notification can be muted?

I like how the EMMC "backs up" the SD card in case it fails, and the notification is good as long as it can be turned off for the rest of the drive.

We fairly often see requests for assistance here from new members who've lost data in a crash, and this should solve that problem (y) Wish I weren't so busy with other cams and life's issues right now :( but there should be some good folks stepping up to bat soon ;)

Phil

I'm currently running the A129 plus and it's a great piece of kit. I'm sure you won't have any issues finding testers for it.

There is a new A129 Plus eMMC version which built-in 16GB storage(actual available storage is about 14GB) will be released in 2 to 3 weeks.

The eMMC storage is used for temporarily recording, and normally an external memory card is required.
1. While there is no microSD card inserted, it will use eMMC for recording but will keep notifying the user to insert the memory card.
2. While the microSD card failed like a memory error, will use the eMMC for recording but will keep notifying the user to replace the memory card.
Very interesting!

Is there a new firmware for a129 duo?

Have you given up on the 129 Duo product now?

Not sure how much room I have on my windscreen...

Last edited:
Is this a constant "beep" notification to replace/enter memory card? That would get annoying after a couple minutes. I assume this notification can be muted?
"Beep" notification after every 10mins to warn using a microSD card.

Is there a new firmware for a129 duo?

Have you given up on the 129 Duo product now?
We mainly update the firmware based on user's requirements, we have released some versions for A129 Duo this year.
As this model is not using the latest chipset, so we will not update the version so often as other new models.

I have received the A129 Plus Duo (eMMC version) this evening!

I will try to install this weekend and start testing it. I'm excited and looking forward to see how this unit will perform. I just placed an order for an SD card and a cpl filter for this unit.

They sure haven't listed one for sale that I can see. Aliexpress is showing them.

Im down to test out a cam, i've reviewed products (specifically cameras) for other companies in the past, would love to offer advice on one of your cams too!

Probably it has been asked and answered before, but what is this clear film that came with the camera used for? 20201126_121100.jpg

That is a piece of static plastic / sort of like aftermarket tint film, i think it can both be used for a permanent and temporary install in the case you do not want to stick things directly to your glass.
The downside is i dont think it work on frit in the windscreen only on clean glass surface

something similar used here.

Now it makes some sense.
It is a static film with no glue. I will finally try to install this system today. I just wish I wouldn't have to replace the rear camera wire from the Zenfox but it think that is not compatible with the a129 plus eMMC.

Back