Looking for someone who has successfully used Parking Mode with their Viofo A129 PRO Duo & HK3 hardwire kit

careh

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Pro Duo with HK3 hardwire kit
I have the above setup and (so far) cannot get parking mode to work. I had the whole thing installed by a shop & they set the HK3 dip switch to 12.2 volts and connected power to the camera (not the GPS mount). Both front and rear cameras work fine - video and audio is great. I'm using a Samsung High Endurance U1 128GB SD card. Wifi is turned off. Firmware is 1.1 and has been reflashed onto the camera.

I went into the camera and turned on parking mode - advanced parking mode - motion detection... no go...

The issue appears to be no power getting to the camera when I turn the ignition key off. If I have the camera screen turned on when I turn the key to 'off' - the camera screen immediately goes blank & the 2 red LED's for REC and MIC glow for about 2 seconds before going out. After the LED's go out - there is nothing showing on the camera and no buttons respond....and no videos get recorded while the key is turned off.

I had the shop check the wiring & they initially said they had miswired the red 'constant 12v' and yellow 'Acc' wires (reversing their position) - so they re-wired them...but no change on the parking mode.

I then thought it could be low battery voltage - so I charged my battery overnight to 13.2 volts - and in the morning - no change.

I also tried unplugging the rear camera - and swapping out the Samsung SD card with a Thinkware SD card..no change.

Next step will be changing the dip switch setting on the HK3 - and testing that the yellow 'Acc' wire really is getting switched power.

But a nagging thought I have is 'what if' no one has gotten parking mode working on a A129 PRO Duo (there *are* posts/videos that I can find showing the A129 in parking mode - but not the A129 *PRO*). So I thought I would ask here if anyone has done parking mode successfully on an A129 PRO.

If your camera is turning completely off when engine is off, then either the red wire is not tapped into a live fuse or your battery voltage is below the cut off point. Since there is a 90 second delay from when the hardwire kit senses voltage below the set point to when it actually cuts power to the camera, I'd assume your red wire connection is not correct.

The issue appears to be no power getting to the camera when I turn the ignition key off. If I have the camera screen turned on when I turn the key to 'off' - the camera screen immediately goes blank & the 2 red LED's for REC and MIC glow for about 2 seconds before going out. After the LED's go out - there is nothing showing on the camera and no buttons respond....and no videos get recorded while the key is turned off.

I had the shop check the wiring & they initially said they had miswired the red 'constant 12v' and yellow 'Acc' wires (reversing their position) - so they re-wired them...but no change on the parking mode.
need to double check their work, what make and model is the vehicle and which circuits have they tapped for power?

The car is a 2011 Toyota Camry LE 4 cyl. with the following modifications:

front and rear Advent backup sensors installed in 2013,
a Viper 4204 remote starter with Dball installed in 2014,
a new battery in Sept, 2018,
a Rydeen SV747HD rear view mirror camera installed along with the Viofo cameras installed 2 weeks ago.

I don't know which circuits - I will ask them...

It’s either a faulty hardwire kit or a wiring issue. If it is wiring related then real worry is that they’ve tried a second time and still have it wrong.

No idea how you would test for a faulty hardwiring unit though.

I went back to the shop today (it got to a balmy minus 5 C outside) - and had them test the wire voltage with a multimeter. The multimeter showed the wires were 'reversed' (with red only getting power when the key was in 'Acc' or 'On' mode and Yellow was always powered. They 're-reversed' the wires and now I have parking mode...

By 're-reverse' - I mean that they told me they had originally connected the wires properly - yet I had no parking mode - so I went back and they reversed them - and again - no parking mode - today they 're-reversed' them - and now the multimeter showed red with constant 12 V and yellow with 12v when the car was in Acc or 'on'... and proof in the pudding - I now get parking mode!

No idea how that would happen unless (and this is just a guess) - when they first connected the wires the 'right' way perhaps there was an improper connection on the red wire to the fuse so no voltage was present on the red wire. And maybe when they reversed the wires they re-checked the fusebox connections and this time got the red wire properly connected... but to the wrong terminal. But that is just a guess.

Anyway - now it is working... Thanks to all for the tips and suggestions.

Back