Looking for suggestions...

InkMing

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks like there are some pretty knowledgeable folks here. So hopefully I don't make this too difficult.

Things I am looking for in order:
1. Not looking to spend a lot
2. Ability to save a video by pushing a button after something occurred (example, saw some lightning, or some driver did something crazy, saw a funny road sign, etc.)
3. Decent night mode (doesn't need to be stellar)
4. Doesn't need a park mode
5. GPS might be nice, not a deal breaker
6. Screen, doesn't matter
7. Windshield is pretty much vertical

I think that is it.

Yep, was looking at the B1W and the A119S. Any reason for the A119 V2 over the A119S?

Either is decent. Should be close but I think A119 is cheaper. A119S is better at night, A119 during the day.

For the USA I would go for the A119 V2 or V3 because of the higher resolution. B1W is also a little wider angle which doesn't help with small number plates.

For the USA I would go for the A119 V2 or V3 because of the higher resolution. B1W is also a little wider angle which doesn't help with small number plates.

Wider angle might be more along what I am looking for. Capturing stuff happening on the sides as well.

If you are not too interested in the number plates then the B1W is fine, and it will still get them when directly behind, and it should be a bit cheaper.
Take a look at some USA videos to see if the detail is sufficient for you. Both B1W and A119 V2 are known to be reliable.

Thanks for the insight. :) Much appreciated.

Leaning towards the A119 V3. Price goes up a bit from the B1W and only a little bit from the A119.

A119 V3 is a good camera, and worth the extra, very good for reading plates, but it is a bit narrower on the FOV than the V2, and the V2 is narrower than the B1W. They are not big differences in FOV, but might be if something is just off the side! It is still the one I would go for out of the three though if the price is not an issue.

A119 any version for better vids, B1W for cheaper and a smaller form-factor. Very good factory support with both. 70mai could be a possibility as it's vid quality is in between these daytime, but it's not so good at night, factory support is near-zero, and it has some issues which you need to work around. All are good values for what they cost :)

The A119V3 is IMHO one of the best cams for vid quality there is at any price now, so if you can afford it and can use the wedge form-factior that would be my choice.

Phil

Back