Looking for two channel dashcam with separate recorder in the UK

j-j-

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the forum, I've found all sorts of useful info here already.

I'm looking for a front and rear dashcam with the DVR part separate so it can be hidden away. I also want G-shock and ideally a parking mode, and WIFI would be great but not essential. I also wondered if any dashcams are able to function as a reversing camera but I think that may be a separate conversation.

I really liked the look of the SGZC12RC model but I know that is discontinued - does anyone have any suggestions? I'm finding the amount of choice out there a little overwhelming...

The smaller the camera itself, the better - I want to fit it into a classic car - well an old Landrover.. - where a massive camera would look silly!

Thanks everyone

Damn. Looks like exactly the thing but if I can't buy it....

When is it ready?

Thanks

Of course it's up to you, but your choice contradicts your 1st post requirements.

@
The smaller the camera itself, the better - I want to fit it into a classic car - well an old Landrover.. - where a massive camera would look silly!

Hi Niko,
Bit confused. I haven't made a first choice - I haven't chosen anything yet :)

Unless you mean the SGZC12RC referred to in my first post? I thought that was fairly discreet but maybe I've missed something - on Amazon at least it seems like the remote camera is fairly small and the other box I could hide anywhere. Only one camera though I think so would need two, less than ideal perhaps. Anyway I have discounted that as it's discontinued.

Or maybe you mean that my contradiction is that the Landrover isn't a classic car. You are maybe right there :) I was just trying to get across the point that I'm trying to keep things I add in keeping with the vehicle and so a small camera keeps me as close to that idea as possible whilst still getting to use new tech.

Open to ideas.

Thanks!

I think @niko confused the post by marcusstafford thinking it was by the OP @j-j-?

I think niko mix up you and marcusstafford that have gotten a massive junsun camera.

Yep, confused with who was the OP.
Junsun for sure is a bulky unit.

So how old a landy, not a series one i trust.
Something newer with a one pice windscreen.

I have spent many a hour in land rovers ( co driver ) but i will be damned if i can remember the layout on the windscreen :rolleyes: but as i recall the mirrors hang off the sealing so there should be some room close to the camera sweet spot ( top of windscreen dead center )
So you should be able to fit a conventional dashcam too, something like the vifo A129 duo or the 0906 or the Sg9665DC, their main units are not really that big, but yes they are bigger then the remote camera units of the up and coming dual remote models.

You can probably also use the motorcycle camera from innovv ( the K2 ) that is dual remote small cameras and even a element proof main unit if your landy should find a deep wet hole to climb into.

Last edited:
:) I see the confusion now!

Not quite a Series 1, it's a Defender 90, about 25 years old. Not really a classic but I'm trying to avoid overt tech everywhere. Will try and add a photo of the windscreen when I'm next with the vehicle.

I was leaning towards fitting the SG9665DC (in absence of their new one being ready..) but that Innov one looks great - I will have to look for more info on it. And as you have guessed, my Landy is often less than water tight :D

Any thoughts between those two? I'm off to read up on them both.

Thanks all

Damnit. K2 isn't available either yet!

O yeah i know them, my friend drove them for 20 years, and even the totally new one he got leaked like a SOB when it rained.

I have also been lying on my back in a puddle of mud and put on a new front as he tore off one wheel, lucky someone had a new axle he could buy.

Back