Looking for Velcro (Male) that attaches to car interior panelling? Anyone found any?

Submariner Gold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Vicovation MF3
Hi
I am looking for Velcro that stick to the velour type boot lining material.

I have a MB fake leather 1L Oil pouch that has so e of this on the pouch, it sticks like hell to the semi furry / velour / fibreous surface found in boot liners. It really hangs on.

I want it to secure a powerbank to the interior.

I bought so e “genuine” Velcro make off ebay.
Hmmm the printing of Velcro on the backing release tape look a tad wishy washy but hey, who knows?

BUT would you believe it .... it didnt stick to the boot liner material nearly half as well.
So maybe it was fake or the stuff that looks like velco on the back of the oil bottle pouch is something different.

Anyone bought any velcro like this ? That works.

Links most appreciated, save me ordering one after the other.

I dont mind if its sticky backed or sew on type.

Don't know about the type of Velcro you're looking for but Dual-lock works well on plastic trim or bare metal.

I don't believe any type of Velcro would attach to boot lining material well enough to hold a power bank, especially the unusually heavy TQKA.
For lighter attachment needs the hooked side of Velcro does indeed work though. I've replaced the 3M tape with "Male" Velcro on plastic cable clips and they hold well enough on the headliner material in my vehicle to help position the USB cable near my rear facing camera.

I might add that from four years of running power banks in my vehicle I don't recommend placing them in fully enclosed spaces when operating. I'm of the opinion that it's best to use them in an environment where air is constantly circulating, especially in warmer weather.

3M stuff doesn't leave any residue.

I don't believe any type of Velcro would attach to boot lining material well enough to hold a power bank, especially the unusually heavy TQKA.
For lighter attachment needs the hooked side of Velcro does indeed work though. I've replaced the 3M tape with "Male" Velcro on plastic cable clips and they hold well enough on the headliner material in my vehicle to help position the USB cable near my rear facing camera.

I might add that from four years of running power banks in my vehicle I don't recommend placing them in fully enclosed spaces when operating. I'm of the opinion that it's best to use them in an environment where air is constantly circulating, especially in warmer weather.

Thanks
I see your point whatever is on this pouch would do.
The , if it got detached in say a crash would not have direct access to me as the seat would lean back over it. Not ideal but its rather temporary.

With you on the enclosed problems. I was intending to tape 2 x 25mm webbing straps horizontally with this Velcro
So its only holding the battery flat up against the sidewall
Only two webbing straps would impede airflow and I do have rear airconditioning.

I did charge up a totally flat iPad air, and this Tqka didnt even get perceptively warmer. Likewise charging the Tqka itself from 20% to 100% and leaving it on for hours after hitting 100% (when incidentally it had shut down, :) ) it hardly got even tne slightest bit warm ... almost no temp change.

Conversely the Samsung 2.0A charger got WELL HOT, so much so I decided only to use the iPad 2.1A chargers, and they got pretty warm.
I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
As you know I was considering returning this, but not anymore.

if my memory is correct I think @Hillbilly may have used the Dual-Lock tape in a number of temporary and permanent situations, he might be able to offer some thoughts on what the product is like

I use Dual-Lock Tape for all kinds of things and have been using it for dash cam related needs for years. It's a fantastic product. In fact, I've been using it for almost 30 years since long before 3M bought the rights to the patent from Wein Products. Originally Dual-lock tape was marketed primarily to photographers and was called "Photo-Lok" (see this old 4 year old thread post) The thing is that if you wanted to apply it to any sort of cloth liner it might not adhere as well as required and if it did, it would leave a mark or damage to the boot liner when removed.

I use Dual-Lock Tape for all kinds of things and have been using it for dash cam related needs for years. It's a fantastic product. In fact, I've been using it for almost 30 years since long before 3M bought the rights to the patent from Wein Products. Originally Dual-lock tape was marketed primarily to photographers and was called "Photo-Lok" (see this old 4 year old thread post) The thing is that if you wanted to apply it to any sort of cloth liner it might not adhere as well as required and if it did, it would leave a mark or damage to the boot liner when removed.
Thanks
Good to know, as I may change her this year ... I dont want marks on this trim.

Thanks
Good to know, as I may change her this year ... I dont want marks on this trim.

Depends on what you apply Dual-Lock to, for how long and the environmental conditions. If it's a plastic trim panel and it can tolerate some solvent then you're fine when you go to remove it. If it's some sort of fabric "boot liner material" as you mentioned in your initial post, it may be another matter.

Dual ,lock is great on glass or metal but i found it not so good on plastic trim. It stuck ok but when you tried to remove the camera it tended to pull both sides off. I had my rear camera attached to the rear plastic roof trim in my Passat wagon and it did that.
I solved the problem by getting some 1.5mm roof flashing material (colourbond steel in AUS) and formed a piece to slide over the trim Attached the dual lock to that and it has been excellent.
If you want to just put the battery on once and leave it there it will do the job You can buy it at Walmart or similar stores, in the UK i guess in packets of 4 pieces about 2 1/2 ins long for about $3 Is often under the Scotch brand Also available on Ebay

Here https://www.ebay.com/itm/322012348855 Thats aboutthe right price as well Its $20 AU here

Last edited:
Dual ,lock is great on glass or metal but i found it not so good on plastic trim. It stuck ok but when you tried to remove the camera it tended to pull both sides off. I had my rear camera attached to the rear plastic roof trim in my Passat wagon and it did that.
I solved the problem by getting some 1.5mm roof flashing material (colourbond steel in AUS) and formed a piece to slide over the trim Attached the dual lock to that and it has been excellent.
If you want to just put the battery on once and leave it there it will do the job You can buy it at Walmart or similar stores, in the UK i guess in packets of 4 pieces about 2 1/2 ins long for about $3 Is often under the Scotch brand Also available on Ebay

Here https://www.ebay.com/itm/322012348855 Thats aboutthe right price as well Its $20 AU here
Thanks

Works fine if the area is rubbed clean with APC or Isopropyl alcohol. My Vico Power Plus is mounted sideways on plastic trim using Dual-lock, no such issues even after numerous removals.

Back