Looking into purchasing the Mini 0906

Mountainking

Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
Hi guys. Been reading quite a few in the last week and found that the Mini 0906 can possibly be the best bang for the bucks dual camera available. I have a few questions concerning it prior to purchase.

i) Are there any alternatives to it in this price range? ($150 shipped internationally)
ii) I have found a link on banggood (Can I post links) to purchase it and it comes with a hardwire kit. Will the parking mode recording work with the provided hard wire kit or I need a separate one?
iii) Is hardwiring safe and will it not drain my battery? Can the parking mode be de-activated and reactivated easily?
iv) Do you know of any sellers that will ship internationally and still be in the $150 price tag.

Thanks guys!

I bought mine from this seller http://combi.org.uk/categories/6/Dashcam
although I bought mine from their ebay store. I spoke to the owner recently about soft focus on the edge of the video and he explained the fact that the focus is sharpest in the middle, getting progressively worse as you go towards the edge. He did however offer to swap out the unit to satisfy me if I was unhappy. I would recommend this seller as I’m confident he would solve any issues quickly.
You can’t switch off the parking mode in the settings however you can switch it off manually when you park the car and it will stay off until you start the car.
The parking mode kit won’t drain your battery as it has a switch to select the switch off voltage. When it reaches this set voltage it will switch the camera off automatically.

Last edited:
Thanks @flyfisher
Another question. Can the rear camera be indivually toggled off or the resolution changed (example front 1080p rear 720p) ?

The resolutions can be different for rear camera but I’m not sure you can toggle it off. You could disconnect it’s plug from the camera when you don’t want to use it.
I would download the instructions manual beforehand to familiarise yourself with the camera. It may answer some of your questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got it perfect :)
Any recommendations on whether to use a CPL filter or not?

I use a cpl filter and it does reduce dash reflections when adjusted correctly. I have compensated by increasing the exposure to 0.3.

The $20 one is the one i have and is included with the camera if you buy it from combi uk

Thanks so much @flyfisher Probably set on this one :) Just thinking if I need the CPL filter as it adds $15 to my cost. Not sure how much is the glare going to be annoying in the video :)

Same kit just with or without fuse taps

The taps are sort of useful, it comes with four different taps but whichever you need it's likely you'll need two of the same so you may still need another one anyway

Another set of taps or fuse kit?? Excuse my newbness...

The fuse taps are used to take a spur from an existing fuse in the fuse box. You will need a permanent supply and one that switches off with engine for the hardwire kit to work with the camera park mode.

The taps, most fuse panels only use one type, whichever it is you most often need two of the same, some cars have more than one size but not that common

Hum I don't understand too much about car electronics and will have this installed by a car electrician. I want to use the parking mode/motion detection.

One last thing guy. Does parking mode work on both front and rear camera? :unsure:

Yes it works on both

I saw that this camera has few issues (DAB radio interference, random resets, rear camera reliability)
Are this issues common or is it only happening with unlucky units?

I’ve had 1 camera freeze in the first month of use with no issues with rear camera or dab interference.

Back