Looking to buy G1WH in the UK but all now have the GPCV2159 processor?

DeLorean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Front: G90 A7LA70 with GPS / Rear: G1WH
I need to replace my old rear facing camera in my rear window and the G1WH appears to be a good choice.
I've been in touch with many suppliers all selling genuine G1WH's in the UK (at a reasonable price), but all now say they're using the the GPCV2159 processor and not the Novatek.
I've read reviews saying the footage (especially at night) on the GPCV2159 based units is not as good as the older Novatek processor, however the CMOS cameras in these cheaper dashcams can vary wildly from batch to batch so feel this could be more of a factor than the processor.
I'd rather buy it from a supplier in the UK as I then have some protection should it be a DOA or go faulty etc.
Is the quality difference between the processors really as noticeable as people say, as I may not have any choice but to buy a GPCV2159 powered dashcam anyway :confused:
Also, any links to trusted UK sellers still supplying the Novatek powered G1WH DVR's would be very much appreciated :)

http://www.generalplus.com/product_detail.php?pdv_no=4624&func=dl

I've already had a good read of the thread, but it doesn't really draw a definitive conclusion and the thread quickly goes off topic.
I guess if the Novatek processors have been superseded by the GPCV2159 I guess I really have no choice but to bite the bullet and hope for the best o_O
...or perhaps consider another low cost cam as an alternative.
I'll sleep on it for a few days and make an educated decision when I've done a little more homework :D

......or perhaps consider another low cost cam as an alternative....
A118-C would be an alternative for not too much more. Actually less visually intrusive than the G1W-x. For a couple dollars/euros/quid more the BlackSys CF-100 may be worth some consideration if you're comfortable with the form factor and lack of screen.

Back