Looking to purchase SG9663DCPRO+

kingzman33

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking at purchasing the SG9663DCPro+ for my Rav4 Prime.

Anyone have an issue with these cams being used on Hybrid/PHEV? Pros and Cons?

Also to Street Guardian Team, do Forum members get any perks/promo if purchasing directly from your website?

Thanks in advance!

If you are going to hard wire, for cable neatness and a free dashboard socket ( you can do that with original supplied power supply, just need to buy the appropriate piggy back fuse for your fuse box then )
Or for parking mode with the SG hard wire kit, Check up with jokiin and his technician are able to tell what fuses will most likely work before you get going. ( it can some times be a little tricky to pick the right fuses in new cars )

Definitely doing the hardwire approach. Will be purchasing the hardwire kit along with it too.

Just checked, and tried to check out the items but says the code does not work. Please advise and thanks in advance!

Looks like you already placed your order last week, but I wanted to follow up on this thread in case anyone was wondering. It was a typo with the coupon code, all is well now.:)

I have been on my new fancy mechanical keyboard ( with flashy boy racer RGB light ) for a couple of months now, and i am still not good friends with it, just have to make do as it was a substantial investment.

Way more typos now than ever before. :mad:

I have been on my new fancy mechanical keyboard ( with flashy boy racer RGB light ) for a couple of months now, and i am still not good friends with it, just have to make do as it was a substantial investment.

Way more typos now than ever before. :mad:
I know what you mean, I just changed keyboards also and the layout and spacing is a little different to the one I've been using for the past few years, have to retrain the brain

Just purchased mine and installed today. Hardwire worked but a little bit of a PITA on an F150 Raptor. Still playing around with it and have noticed on my first download to the movie player (Mac ver) I only had the front camera showing up. Video on the camera shows picture in picture so I assume it is recording both views. Thoughts? BTW love the product so far and looking forward to putting it through its paces.

Just purchased mine and installed today. Hardwire worked but a little bit of a PITA on an F150 Raptor. Still playing around with it and have noticed on my first download to the movie player (Mac ver) I only had the front camera showing up. Video on the camera shows picture in picture so I assume it is recording both views. Thoughts? BTW love the product so far and looking forward to putting it through its paces.
format the card and try again, if you had some front only files initially Dashcam Viewer won't look for the rear files, if they're matching pairs it will load them

Not too thrilled with movie player. Could be my PITA old Mac but movies (after downloading to hard drive) are choppy. Wish there was a way to group both A and B channels into one file. I have a new HP on order and hope with new Win 10 tech I get better results. Funny as at first they played really well.

I think the dashcam viewer software can splice clips together, but probably not with the one channel inserted into the footage of the other channel ( PIP )
I always do that in post production with the cameras i have handled, using either pinnacle studio or powerdirector.
In general though i dont use PIP much, i prefer to have full screen, say of the rear camera first, and then change to the front camera as the car overtake.

Strange your downloaded clips are suddenly choppy, as they have played OK you should have the proper codec to play them, other than trying another player program i have no ideas ( i am not a Apple guy )

I think the dashcam viewer software can splice clips together, but probably not with the one channel inserted into the footage of the other channel ( PIP )
I always do that in post production with the cameras i have handled, using either pinnacle studio or powerdirector.
In general though i dont use PIP much, i prefer to have full screen, say of the rear camera first, and then change to the front camera as the car overtake.

Strange your downloaded clips are suddenly choppy, as they have played OK you should have the proper codec to play them, other than trying another player program i have no ideas ( i am not a Apple guy )
They were playing just fine when I had them on SD card. But using Quicktime player they play effortlessly. Like I said still getting use to the system. One thing though I thought I would have a recording of all my parked movies from last night staying in my drive way. Zip, nadda. I did have videos while in park mode at my local grocer but nothing over night. Double checked my settings on the cam and I think I am good. But we will see tonight again.

Weird. Normally when people get laggy playback it is cuz they playback footage directly from the memory card, either in the camera ( can some times act as a super slow card reader ) or a card reader on their PC but also slow.
I use a USB 3.0 card reader on a USB 3.0 port on my computer, so i can effortlessly playback 4K / 60 FPS footage recorded on my action camera directly from the card in the reader.

I am affiliated with SG having been sent cameras to test since the brand started, but it is only lately with the SG9663DR model i have been able to test parking mode, and aside for a "hickup" which i solved by replacing my seemingly well functioning 2012 battery in the car, well i have had no problems.
If you have a gremlin, the SG boss jokiin and all his minions in here will be at hand to get you operational as you should of course be.

Back