Looking to replace my Blackvue DR400G-HD

Lefo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm looking to replace my Blackvue DR400G-HD with Power Magic Pro

Requirements:
  • GPS
  • Parking mode (I already have a Power Magic Pro)
  • Does not overheat (big issue with DR400G)
  • Price not an issue
  • Only need 1 channel
  • Good quality
  • WIFI
Anything to recommend?

I too, am researching a replacement for a BlackVue an have concerns about overheating since I live in a warm climate and use parking mode. Someone in another forum suggest the ITB-100HD as a reliable replacement that's should hold up to heat issues. I have no experience with it, but it seems like a decent replacement option. I'm looking for a 2ch system this time though, so I haven't looked too closely at the ITB-100HD. Also, the Panorama cameras appear to get good marks in the quality department, but their shape and size don't move me.

Good Luck.

JD2K.
Look to the Lukas 9700 duo B will do everything you want. good luck

I just got the lk-7900. I can't say from experience if it's reliable just yet but I purchased it because it seems very reliable.

The selling point for me is that this model (not sure of the others) is rated at at an operating temperature up to 80C (176F) and it has a setting that will shut itself off if it gets too hot.

It seems designed to be rugged as far as high temps go, but on the same hand protects itself from overheating. The fact that this was taken into consideration says a lot to me.

The Lukas LK7900 is definitely very reliable. It is the one I use in my own car 24/7. Just like JD2K states, if it detects that it can't handle the heat (eventhough it's rated up to 80C), it'll safely turn itself off.

Kelvin

I am also asking the same question as the OP. I have a Blackvue 500. It worked great at first, but now the GPS and clock don't work, and it runs very hot. I don't know if the GPS issue can be fixed by a firmware upgrade or not. I will try to upgrade the firmware but if that doesn't work, I need to replace it.

Price is not an issue at all. Reliability and quality are the only factors for me. Why is price not an issue? Because the real price of a dashcam is zero, if it's highly reliable, and the price goes up as the reliability goes down. My dashcam was paid for within a year as I was rear-ended while stopped by an immigrant driver here. Her insurance looked at the video and there was no dispute, I got 100% payment, so the camera paid for itself. The only problem was, no GPS or time stamp, and so now I need to fix that.

Should I get the Lukas? What's the most reliable camera with GPS?

I'm scared to buy anything under $200.

Last edited:
Back