Looking to replace my Vico Marcus 3 - Nextbase cameras any good? Front/Rear

isdoo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Currently got a Vico Marcus 3, but that is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Considering the nextbase 512gw with a rear view camera and getting that connected properly to my car.

But I know little about Nextbase! And there seems to be no reviews here.

Is there a reason for that.

If not the Nextbase 512GW, waht would you suggest for a combination?

I can't see any point in getting a 612GW - 4K - who needs 4K?

Not too concerned on the cost, but seems some good prices in Halfords currently.

Just need advice as not up to speed on any cameras / models and rely upon general reviews.

...And there seems to be no reviews here.

Is there a reason for that.
I think because most people here choose the Viofo A129 instead so there is no one to write the reviews!

I wouldn't like to speculate as to why there are no reviews, but in this country when people go to physical shops to buy dashcams, Nextbase is the name that people tend to see first, and I think that's why it's the biggest (I think) and strongest name in the UK for dashcams, with many retailers selling them in stores. If someone has a choice to buy a £50 entry level Nextbase camera or a £50 Motorola camera they're gonna go for nextbase on the strength of the brand even if it turned out the Motorola was a better camera. So if I were to summarise in my own words, its as if its the brand everyone buys because they don't know they can get so many other different cams offering different functions (be it more functions or less) for a more suitable price for an individual's needs. I was fortunate recently to win in a competition, a 612gw, packed with endless features I'd never ever use, so I kept the 64gb memory card, sold the dashcam for a little over £150 and bought a Viofo A119 Pro for a little over £50! One thing to note if you do go for Nextbase, Halfords prices may well be beaten elsewhere

Anyway onto what you need. If you want a front and rear all-in-one, the 612gw doesn't support it so it would be the 512gw (1440 drops to 1080 with rear cam being used), there's the Aukey DR02 (I think) dual, Street guardian do a dual cam, Viofo A129, Thinkware, or if you want a camera that costs more than my car, Blackvue :D

Back