Looking To Upgrade Xiaomi Dashcam

Pespro

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have the Xiaomi dashcam, i liked them so much i have bought 3 for other family members. £25 for a camera what does over 1080p recording is excellent value. I never really looked past these as i am a Xiaomi 'fan boy' having their phones and other devices.
However a recent comment on a deal site stating my videos looked rubbish and you couldn't read the number plates has led me to look elsewhere for something better.

The 4k resolution looks like an upgrade but ive seen some 4k ones online which look terrible.
Not bothered about GPS or parking mode, i do like the WiFi mode on the Xiaomi, but this is not essential. So video quality and reading number plates is the main concern.
I have posted my youtube videos below for you to look at, They were recorded at over 1080p, but Youtube downgraded them to 1080p
I am due a new car in March/April so if something amazing is about to get released i can wait a few months, but with Christmas coming up i am expecting detals.
I am based in the UK which seem easier to read than USA number plates. Thank you for your help.
YouTube Link

My shortlist so far has been the
Gitup F1, the link below shows a thread i read through.
GitUp F1
Xiaomi (yes i know) 4k action cam
ThiEye t5e
Viofo A199S

None of the current true 4K cameras are worth it, for daytime they might be okay for night time their performance are mediocre.
And not many 4K dashcams out there at the moment, and i can not recommend using a action camera for a dashcam, even if it have dashcam functionality.
Maybe in a few years things will change, cuz there are interesting 4K sensors on the market now, but they don't seem to have support in any of the hardware makers would be using for a dashcam.

Back