Loop recording not working

kalip

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
AUKEY DR02
The loop recording in my Aukey D02 dash cam is not working properly.
When about 2.GB is free the camera started looping at intervals
of less 1 minute or so.
I formatted the card on the last occasion but the problem still persists

Last edited:
Sound strange.
Maybe some of the storage space are reserved for event recordings, though i must admit only 2 GB sound like a little ?
What memory card are you using in the camera ??

Try resetting the camera to default settings, and only set the file size you like and have everything else off ( motion detect / g sensor / parking mode ASO )

Thank you for your response
I am using a 64GB SanDisk High Endurance Video Monitoring Card
Motion detect etc is turned off.

(On reading my original post, I realised that I may have conveyed the wrong message.
Let me clarify, I mean when the SD card (64GB) is almost filled, with about
2GB of space left on it, the camera started looping at intervals of less 1 minute or so.)

Last edited:
I think it may be the camera deleting a bit more than 1 file to make room for the next one when it is full, i have never noticed this myself but probably due to me not looking for it.
So i will grab 3 memory cards in my car tomorrow and see tow those cameras behave with memory cards i know are full.

Your 64 GB sandisk card should be just fine for most dashcams, so doubt it is to blame.
Maybe see if you can spot a review of that model in here and ask the tester, or other owners in the Aukey sub forum.

It is wierd it change to less than 1 minute files / intervals as you say, i assume you have the camera set to record larger file segments, maybe 3 minutes that i think most use.

Thank you.
Yes it's set to loop at 3 minute intervals.

Last edited:
Back