loop recording

MirkoCrb

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi guys,

unfortunately a f....ing bastard made a huge scratch on my car (I guess with a key).
I have a B1W dashcam that didn't record because it was in standby mode. Is there a way to have a always on recording mode?

Sorry, don't understand.

Can I download that firmware? that link is dead

You can also record normally constantly by maintaining full power to the cam at all times. Do take note that in the summer heat this is very hard on any dashcam and will likely void any warranty. The low-bitrate mode creates less heat and is better for such constant recording; not all cams offer that mode but the B1W does :)

I have ran this cam continuously in high summer heat for 2 summers and it hasn't been a problem for me. Not too many cams pass this 'test' as well as the B1W does; just a tiny bit of focus shift but otherwise just the same as when cool. You might not even notice the shift as it is so slight. So I wouldn't worry about this cam using low-bitrate mode as it will handle that well.

Phil

Hi, I flashed the low bitrate firmware. Now I have a fixed green led. and the first time I switched it on it said "SD card detected" instead of "SD card detected, recording start" is that normal? that's it?

Hi, I flashed the low bitrate firmware. Now I have a fixed green led. and the first time I switched it on it said "SD card detected" instead of "SD card detected, recording start" is that normal? that's it?
It indicates that it is bricked :( if you power on it by your phone USB wall charger; And I will PM you the reset firmware to reset it!
But if you plug it into the computer USB socket for power source, it is normal!

Tell me how you power on the dashcam?

now it's connected to my pc. so trough an usb cable connected to the PC

now it's connected to my pc. so trough an usb cable connected to the PC
Use your phone USB wall charger to power on it, it should work then!

you are right...

so from now on it should record 24/7?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R B1W 10
H B1W 4
V B1W 10
B B1W 1
M B1W 2
Back