Looping issue

FPT Rideshare

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently purchased a Vantrue N2 Pro and a 128 GB Samsung Evo Select Micro SD card for storage. This is my first dashcam and so this question may be received as a "Noob" question, but i really need an answer since I had a bad experience last night and want to be prepared going forward.

I set the recording to loop on 5 minutes, i was under the impression this would create shorter 5 minute videos which would be easier to transfer to my PC in the event i ever needed to do so. Last night I had a really psycho passenger and when i reviewed the save files i found that the recordings rotated off between front and rear cameras, but they were not simultaneous. Basically files labeled as "A" were 5 minute videos of the front of the car, files labeled as "B" were of the inside of the car. The recordings would start on "A" record for 5 minutes then end, then the next video would pick up from inside the car for the next 5 minutes. They never recorded the same time period.

Is there a way to simultaneously record both inside and outside and have video footage of this, or is the camera designed to always switch between cameras like it currently does?

To provide clarity on the "incident" that occurred last night, i picked up a drunk passenger (nothing new here), and in the middle of the ride while talking about how often he uses Uber, he thought it was a great idea to pull out a stun gun/ taser, and turn it on a few inches from my head, then follow that up by pulling his "Rambo knife" as he called it and share with me that he always carries it with him in case anyone decides to disrespect him. The incident occurred when the cam was recording the front cam loop, and thus i only have the audio of what was happening in the car, i really would like to have the rear cam footage of the event, but considering i was in fear for my life, i was reluctant to press any buttons on the camera to make changes as this unfolded. Luckily I was unharmed, and the ride ended pretty quick after that, but this is what prompted the question. I listed a time frame below to help better explain how the recording files were saved. If any of you know how to do a simultaneous recording of front and rear please let me know, thanks.

12:00 am: Pickup passenger recorded on rear cam
12:05 am: Rear cam stops recording, Front cam starts recording
12:10 am: front cam stops recording, rear cam starts recording
12:15 am: rear cam stops recording, front cam starts recording *Incident occurs, audio is picked up but cam does not switch back until after the 5 minute loop completes
12:20 am: front cam stops recording, rear cam starts recording - drop off passenger

You should have an A (front) recording and a B (cabin) recording of the same time period. Did you look at all the files for that time period? Maybe you just missed these files?

I use that cam and a 64GB Evo select card and I get continuous recordings from both channels (A and B files) but I never checked to see if they were synched exactly. I think mine is set for 3 minute files. Just to be certain, did you format the card in the cam? This should be done when new and again every time the card is placed in another electronic device (such as for viewing). If that doesn't help try a different (shorter) file time setting.

Something is definitely wrong here so let's see if we can help you get it sorted out!

Phil

thanks for the replies, i did format the card prior to usage of the cam and after the event occured switched to no looping but that didn't work out well either since the cam just quit recording after the card got full. i have since reformatted the card and set back to 5 min loops, i will check it again soon to verify if the issue was resolved. i did also update the firmware on the last format, not sure if that will have any effect but i will post a follow up once i check everything again

I've scoured the owners manual and quick-start guide twice to no avail, so at this point I'm guessing. Which vid player are you using? VLC freeware is good for me, windows media player has quirks with some cams. Also you might try resetting everything to "default" in the menu. If you're still having problems, insert a paper clip into the reset hole next to the SD card slot- press in gently till you feel the button click then release. Also try another SD card (though I doubt that is the problem) just to be sure nothing is wrong with it.

Tagging my Vantrue contact @Wasea so they will see your thread and maybe they can help.

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B N2 Pro 21