Lose frame between videos

csanesz

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Dash Cam
SJ4000, SJ4000, Podofo G30
I use an SJ4000 camera for road recordings.

1 file approx. It is 35 minutes long and about 4 GB in size.
The SD card is formatted as Fat32 because it does not recognize the NTFS file system.
When I tried to merge the videos, I noticed that some frames were missing between the videos.

I use the following cards:
  • TOSHIBA 32 GB, MicroSDHC, Class 10, UHS-I
  • Kingston 32 GB, MicroSDHC, Class 10, UHS-I
  • SanDisk 32 GB MicroSDHC, Class 10, UHS-I, U3, V30

How can I connect the videos to make it continuous?
Is there any special software for this?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum csanesz.

To make one big video out of several smaller parts, all you need are a video editing software of some brand / model.
They should all handle files according to name, so when you import 37 files ( random number ) the software should keep them in order according to file name, same when you drop several files to the time line to mix them to one big file, they should be placed there in chronological order.

I have myself uses s SJ6 camera some years ago to record a longer drive around the country, but this camera did not have any missing frames between segments.

So once you have a video editing software the procedure should be as follow.

Open video editing software.
Import the files you want to edit.
Highlight all the files you have imported and drop them to a video track, they should be placed there in the correct order.
Go to export part of the software, select the resolution and file format and quality you like the end file to be, and then press start / export.

I use to have a video about doing this with 3 minute dashcam files, but i deleted the youtube channel it was on.

I am personally using power director 17 at the moment, but i think it should be much the same for any editor for video.

PS: Regarding your missing frames between segments, there are probably little you can do about this aside for a firmware upgrade that might fix this.
If possible you could try to use smaller files if that is a option in the camera, the 4GB files you see are a result of the file allocation table used, which can not handle bigger than 4 GB sized files, and so they will automatic get to be this size if you have no other options.

In true dashcams you can often choose between 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 and 10 minute file size, with 3 minute being the most popular and often default setting in cameras.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T SJ4000 2
Back