Love this one ... ( Australians at their best ) Safe drivers ( Not )

Wow. Even by Internet standards there were amazing levels of stupidity there.

Especially the last clip. Not only did he drive half way back on to the motorway after the crash instead of staying safely on the grass verge, he clambered over to the passenger side to get out and opened the door in the path of another passing car. Probably on drugs.

Last edited:
I'm a long time subscriber of DOA and lately I've been noticing driving in Australia looks more and more like Russia.

I'm a long time subscriber of DOA and lately I've been noticing driving in Australia looks more and more like Russia.
I'm a longtime subscriber of them as well... and yet never even thought to call them DOA. which in the US (and likely aus and most other english-speaking countries), is a medical abbreviation: Dead On Arrival.

and yet never even thought to call them DOA. which in the US (and likely aus and most other english-speaking countries), is a medical abbreviation: Dead On Arrival.
I know all that. ;) It's just a way of saving time when writing. Or laziness. :p

I'm a longtime subscriber of them as well... and yet never even thought to call them DOA. which in the US (and likely aus and most other english-speaking countries), is a medical abbreviation: Dead On Arrival.
Very appropriate, I'd say!

I always assume the word "dashcam" is a single word but if we take, for example, this forum's name, I guess I should be calling that YT channel DCOA.

Actually it's DCOA (Dash Cam Owners Australia) looks crazy when you see this but it's just the fact that so many people submit video, the compilations for the most part contain a lot of the stuff that doesn't make it to the regular Facebook

That tire on the road made the car fly when it hit. :eek:

Especially the last clip. Not only did he drive half way back on to the motorway after the crash instead of staying safely on the grass verge, he clambered over to the passenger side to get out and opened the door in the path of another passing car. Probably on drugs.
well in the last clip, the little silver hatch had its right front suspension destroyed, so he probably couldn't steer anymore. and the driver door was probably also jammed shut - you can kinda see him try to push it open a couple times.

but i'm not ruling out drunk/high. how can you NOT see such a huge truck as you merge onto the highway?

Yes , a very entertaining Video compilation !
And home grown to boot , no need to watch those crazy Russians when you have crazy Australians

The wheel on the free-way , probably scary as all hell for the driver , but it did make me laugh .. ( Probably a lesson there about avoiding stuff at speed )

Mate those Aussie cats are bonkers.

WTF they saying call tripple A, is that an emergency number or somfing? LOL

Mate those Aussie cats are bonkers.

WTF they saying call tripple A, is that an emergency number or somfing? LOL
AAA=Australian Automobile Association. :rolleyes:

Yeah so why call AAA, when you should be calling something like highway patrol? :D

Triple 0 ( 000 ) Like 911 in the USA ...

WTF ??? you guys have 000, we use to have that too but it changed for some reason, now its 112 here and 114 if its not that bad.

Assuming 000 got replaced here due to it beeing easier to pocket dial than somthing with 2 different numbers.

WTF ??? you guys have 000, we use to have that too but it changed for some reason, now its 112 here and 114 if its not that bad.
112 is the European Emergency Number.

Assuming 000 got replaced here due to it beeing easier to pocket dial than somthing with 2 different numbers.

if you dial 112 here on a mobile it redirects to 000

sweet, really its too bad i dident know the EMG number for AU, i been there for 2 days and what good is a visitor that cant even help himself :rolleyes:

When I first watched the video it also sounded like triple A to me but after hearing these news I totally get it why I didn't understand it the first time. :D

Back