low card speed - stop recording

FXWojtek

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Dear All,

I have an issue with DAB-201. I thought that FW update had help but unfortunatelly no.

From time to time (latelly offten) i get info low card speed stop recording. Card is fast enought it is UHS-1. I have also updated FW to posted by CaptureYourAction - no improvements.

Do You have any idea ?

Test the card with h2testw software.

ADATA UHS-1 card, write test 160Mbps (bits) read test 160Mbps, isn't that enought?

Should be enough.
Try formatting card in the dashcam.

Then try another card.
Borrow it from a phone or a friend to try.

I have just tried with class6 microsd. 22min recording 2560 x 1440 without problems. I will wait untill card would be full to strat overwritening .

In theory even class 4 can do 2560 x 1440 @30fps in D201 since bitrate is below 32Mbps.

Some dashcams are picky with SD card brands.

Dear All,

It seems to be a problem with card. It was fast enought but maybe some imcompatibilitie. I used Kingston 64GB class 10, and now it seems to be all right. I will keep You updated.

Hi I have the same problem with my samsung card, stops working after a while the says card to slow its a class 10. so i may have to try another brand card
thanks for the information guys

Right bought another card 32 GIG works well solved my problem. suggest to try other brand of cards. i had a samsung 32 gig evo no good

I was using a 64GB Sony Class-10 (doesn't even say U1) and it worked fine at the highest bitrate, but I noticed that my camera (with custom firmware v3415 and the highest bitrate) doesn't like two other Class 10 microSD (64GB Toshiba Exceria U3 and 128 GB Silicon Power Elite U1); on the 128 GB Silicon Power Elite, I have to use the Low setting in the custom firmware and I notice that a lot of my files are broken in 100 MB chunks. H2testw show they can write at least 19 MByte/s. With the unmodified v3099 firmware, I can use Silicon Power 128 GB with the High setting (I think High is only 18 Mbit/s).

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dingy D201 0
K D201 6
D D201 27
Back