Low Speed Card error

Ray1968

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mini 0806
So this is the latest error I'm getting with my 0806 (installed the cam on April 15th). Here's the card I'm using (SanDisk class 10);

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00M55C1I2
I've been formatting the card in my computer using ExFat (only options are ExFat and NTSF). Got the Low Speed Card error this morning and pulled the card and reformatted but got the error again a few minutes later.

Suggestions? Should I try formatting the card in the unit?

Getting a little discouraged with the 0806. Might be time for a new cam...

Last edited:
try formatting the card in camera, Sandisk cards aren't the preferred brand for these but see how you go

Formatted in the unit, still get the error after a couple of minutes.

Not sure which way to jump. Invest in a new card (that may or may not work), or invest in a new camera...

Not sure which way to jump. Invest in a new card (that may or may not work), or invest in a new camera...
Cards are cheaper than cameras. ;)

I got a couple of cards off eBay (allegedly branded Samsung / Sandisk) but got loads of errors etc and started blaming the camera, seems a lot of sd cards sold on eBay are fake.

Decided to get one from Argos approx 12 months ago and it works perfectly, it was a SanDisk Ultra 64GB micro SDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter, half price (was £49.99)£24.99

It worked straight from the packet formatted to exFat and has never let me down yet.

We happily pay c. £100 for a camera and then try and save a few quid by buying a card from an unknown source (yes, l was guilty of doing the same).
It doesn't matter how good your camera is, if you put a cheap / poor quality card in it, you are ultimately going to be disappointed.

I'm sure there are genuine sellers on eBay and Amazon but it is a bit of a lottery, my advice would be to buy from a reputable shop / store.
If you have problems with it tun a test for errors then you have a chance to take it back in person.

Last edited:
Just FYI..

I have almost the same card in 128GB form (SanDisk Ultra Plus C10 128GB SD) . It seems to be deteriorating after a few months on the job. It worked flawlessly for about the first 30-40 hours.
Then it started throwing occasional "3 chime" after (almost exactly) 10 minutes and/or "Memory size limit exceeded" messages.
I reformatted on a PC and it was marginally better.
It slowly got worse to where it would reliably throw the "3 chime" after 10 minutes. (I'd just leave it alone, cam would eventually power off, I hit the power button, and cam would auto start recording again....for 10 mins.)
Reformatting it now doesn't seem to do much. I might get 1 or 2 cycles of more than 10 mins then it's back to '10 mins & 3 chime'.

Stuck my old counterfeit 128GB (actually 14GB) in and it works fine....for now.

I think these cards are not very stable/reliable in the long run.

Back