Low voltage warning on Cellink Neo

im_dave

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all,

I have been trying to install the Blackvue 900 on my BMW G01 X3 30d.

I have run all the cables and tried to use the back fuse box to connect a cellink neo battery to enable parking mode.

This has been an issue as the fuses I have tried F273 (rear cig lighter) and F207 (* reserved but empty) both come back with the message from the cellink neo battery of 'warning low voltage' - I can see it drawing 11-12V. My other cars where I have installed the same setup draw >13V and there is no 'warning low voltage' issue.

The battery hence does not effectively charge and thus doesn't work to power the dash cam.

Does anyone have any experience or know if I am doing something incorrect? Is it simply a case of using the wrong fuse?

Thanks David

Does it warn your during drive/engine-on or only when it's parked? And what mode of the CellingNEO did you set (lighter/hardwired)?

I noticed similar warnings in my X5(F15) but it was caused by the fact when my car switches to "idle mode" the voltage drops to about 7V and after few minutes it turns-off power completely. My setup: rear cigarette, set to lighter(for lower current).

On the "electrician" hand :cool: , where did you connect the ground? Does it have a good connection? Because if not, it could cause a significant voltage drop (probably unnoticeable in the App) when it draws so high current.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Nath. It comes up with the warning when car is parked (engine off) and also engine on/drive.

I used the high mode for the hardwiring 9A, I also tried the low mode 5A - both the same result.

I connected the ground to the body where the fuse holder connects. Looks like a good connection. I might try redoing the ground to see if that works. Otherwise the rear cig lighter with low current mode would work as well.

Interestingly I have a F80 M3 and F48 X1 and both work fine so not sure about your F15 X5.I thought it may be a G series thing, but doing some reading it seems other people have got it to work.

Cheers David

Unfortunately i've never seen X3(G01) fuse box yet but i'll try to look in X7 (could be similar) how the holder looks like.

EDIT: Ok, never mind, in X7 the rear fusebox seems like it's just clapped into some kind of a plastic shell.

Last edited:
Hey Nath,

Thanks so much for your help! I realised the rear fusebox is in a plastic shell and the ground wasn't connected properly (ie in contact with the plastic, not the body). Just re-positioned it to UNDER the plastic shell against the body and voila! All good!

Many thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6756.jpg
    IMG_6756.jpg
    478.3 KB · Views: 26
Back