LS300W continuous recording

Scruncho

Reaction score
Hi all. Hoping that I can get some info on correct settings to enable continuous recording. Right now I get small .mov files anywhere from 15 seconds to 5 minutes long. The real problem is there is about 10-15 seconds (not recorded) lost between files. I saw one user's post where his collection of files were all a minimum of 200MG each. Can anyone tell me the correct settings to get longer/larger files? Thanks.

setup mine at 3mins each record and no gaps thats so strange

parking mode off.

GeorgesNJR said:
setup mine at 3mins each record and no gaps thats so strange

parking mode off.

parking mode or motion detect would give you segmented recordings if turned on, better not to use it

Thanks for the responses guys. I turned off motion detect and will give it a whirl tomorrow....I think it's been on since I first started using it.

Scruncho said:
Thanks for the responses guys. I turned off motion detect and will give it a whirl tomorrow....I think it's been on since I first started using it.

suspect that's your issue

Problem solved - it was the motion detection setting. Turned it off and it's working great with no lapses in recording. Thanks, guys!!!

what is the logic behind Parking Mode and Motion Detect? what are they supposed to do?

spb said:
what is the logic behind Parking Mode and Motion Detect? what are they supposed to do?

I would not use word "parking mode". - it is miss-leading. Non of the cheaper dash cams has function that can be called a parking mode. They only have a motion detection recording, that can be used even when you driving.
Advanced , expensive dash cams have "Parking mode" - it means when you select this option from the menu, then after turning off an ignition, dash camera will go into Motion Detection mode after certain time that set in the menu, it will be in stand-by mode or "motion detection parking mode", waiting for the "action". Also in some dash cams it called a Smart Parking Mode, which is the same meaning.

niko said:
spb said:

I would not use word "parking mode". - it is miss-leading. Non of the cheaper dash cams has function that can be called a parking mode. They only have a motion detection recording, that can be used even when you driving.
Advanced , expensive dash cams have "Parking mode" - it means when you select this option from the menu, then after turning off an ignition, dash camera will go into Motion Detection mode after certain time that set in the menu, it will be in stand-by mode or "motion detection parking mode", waiting for the "action". Also in some dash cams it called a Smart Parking Mode, which is the same meaning.

further to this I would strongly suggest if you want to use parking mode as a permanent setup, not just occasionally, then choose a camera that does not have a battery built in

Back