LS300W or LS400W, how many button presses to enable parking mode?

fieldofview

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
$60 starter cam: "Car Camcorder P9000, 720p
Hi,
I understand the LS300W and similar don't switch automatically to parking mode once motion stops. How many menu button presses are required to enable parking mode? My current camera needs 8 or more button presses to work through the menus to enable parking/motion detection. One button press on the LS300W would be ideal. Thanks

ideally you want a camera without an internal battery if parking mode is high on your list of priorities, we do have it as well on our battery powered product but don't recommend using it all the time, we recently added a single button press option in our firmware to toggle this function on and off while recording to make it as easy as possible to activate or deactivate as needed, it's certainly achievable to do that, I'm not aware of too many that have this option though, if the LS series don't have this now there's probably not much chance it will happen, added features by firmware updates is not really how they do things at DOD

Thanks Jokiin
A one button activation would be fine.

But for People with the GT300W/GT550W there is still hope :)

For me personally I do not like pushing any buttons. My ideal choice would be if dash camera can go automatically into parking mode with motion detection activation after car ignition is switched off ( I know dash camera should be hard-wired to battery, - thats no problem for me ). Also nice would be if user can chose himself FPS and bit-rate for parking / motion detection to save on memory card space, because in parking we dont need maximum performance 30fps 15Mbps. I think half of those figures would be enough.

we're looking at using GPS and G-Sensor data to do switching for parking mode in our new models, will still offer manual switching of course but like to automate things as much as possible for the least amount of end user intervention

Jokiin,
I also am in favour of the automated approach. Also another future feature, is it possible to build in a voltage sensor right into a camera so that for a always on camera if the vehicle battery drops below say 12.4 v (or user setable over a range) the camera shuts down?

. Also another future feature, is it possible to build in a voltage sensor right into a camera so that for a always on camera if the vehicle battery drops below say 12.4 v (or user setable over a range) the camera shuts down?

this is something I looked at doing in the models we're working on now but there are some complexities involved in getting it to work right, we will be including a low voltage cutoff device for people that want to hardwire the camera and use the parking mode feature, we may manage it internally in some future models but I want to be sure the function is reliable before doing that

Back