LS300w stuck on DOD logo at startup

Coathanger

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My LS300w seems to be stuck on boot :( It was running fine this morning on my drive to work. I then placed it indoors and at normal room temperature and when I connected it to my PC this afternoon, it wouldn't go past the green DOD boot logo. I had this problem a few weeks ago when it did the same thing in my car but then, I turned it off and on and after few reboots it was working again. I have tried turning it on and off about 50 times all day but still its stuck on the DOD logo.

I purchased it in August 2013 from a Chinese seller on Amazon and I am pretty sure the firmware was V2328031, I have never upgraded it. Here is the stamp from my recordings

vlcsnap-2014-03-10-20h54m15s175.png
I have tried the 20130328 and 1306130-SC-2 firmware on my working 64gb card which I have been using with the LS300w for the last 7 months and also a Kingston microsd. It looks like flash was successful because I had disabled sounds and when the DVR started, it made the boot sound when starting but it remains suck on the DOD logo. I opened the camera when I first purchased it so I have already voided warranty. Any suggestions are welcome.

I have tried shadow firmware and also LS388W 20130711 1SC2 E00 firmware. On shadow firmware, the LS300w does the same thing when on DoD firmware, it gets stuck on the shadow boot logo. On LS388W 20130711 1SC2 E00 firmware it asks to select Chinese or English language, when selecting the language, it freezes. Anyone know what the issue can be? I have opened the camera to check for any loose connections. There are a few other posts on this forum with similar stuck on boot logo reports, perhaps a reliability issue?

I made this thread here: http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/gt300w-gets-stuck-on-logo-screen-or-just-wont-operate.4553/

My GT300W has the same problem. Read my post for details.

Its seems like its not a firmware or SD card issue. It is in fact the camera. I have tried re-flashing the firmware and tried different SD cards by different manufacturers.
I emailed Foxoffer to see what they have to say about it, since they do have 1 yr. warranty. I don't know how long they'll take to respond, its been 4 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have tried shadow firmware and also LS388W 20130711 1SC2 E00 firmware. On shadow firmware, the LS300w does the same thing when on DoD firmware, it gets stuck on the shadow boot logo. On LS388W 20130711 1SC2 E00 firmware it asks to select Chinese or English language, when selecting the language, it freezes. Anyone know what the issue can be? I have opened the camera to check for any loose connections. There are a few other posts on this forum with similar stuck on boot logo reports, perhaps a reliability issue?[/QUOTE

Did you try the reset button? If it is still under warranty send it back. Contact dod-tech, they will help you as long as it is from one of them or certified retailers.

Back