LS300W x LS400W - What is the difference?

marcelo

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The DOD / TioTech has two nearly identical models.

The videos in both cases are excellent.

Does anybody know the difference between these two cameras?

LS300W - DOD

LS400W - DOD

Last edited by a moderator:
The specs on DOD's site have them identical in all areas (LS300W is lighter @71g vs 82g). The body is different and more accessories are optional for the LS400W.

Exactly measuredpath ls400w but seems to have a slightly better picture. Am I wrong?

A reseller on aliexpress shows it with the same A8 processor. Any differences in video quality will be from video compressions. I would also like to think the LS400W cools better when recording due to the larger case and vents on the front of the unit.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370794921.055411.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370794921.055411.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 2,469
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370794988.415844.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370794988.415844.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 2,469
Site information http://www.dod-tec.com shows that are exactly identical, just change the size and weight.

Would not it be easier to have only one model? So they confuse the consumer.

COMPARACAO.png

I agree, but to diversify your inventory without adding cost and hoping that folks pick up the more expensive model. Really is all part of marketing sometimes. It's like the Americans with Wal-Mart. You place a cheap product on the endcap to lure buyers into the aisles for additional purchases.

From the design of the unit I still think the LS400W would cool itself better than the smaller LS300W. TioTech on the otherhand only carries the smaller model.

Both models have a designer vintage, reminiscent of the old cameras. I'm thinking of buying a LS300W. :cool:

Good choice, but TioTech has a GT800 with 60FPS if you want ultra smooth at 720p :)

Ls400w advantage over ls300w is have 2 extra buttons on the front for quick settings: EV button and emergency recording button. Also ls400w has more vents to cool dow. Other than that they are identical.

Looking at both, which are nearly identical in price, I would choose the LS400W that has the ability to cool better. There is that issue of the LS300W which after 10+ minutes starts to give blurry images which could be caused by overheating. So from a reliable stand point, the LS400W wins.

There is also the release mechanism. LS300W has the side push that unlocks it, while the LS400W has a bulkier block that you push down on. I prefer the the LS300W simpler design, but it may also not be as durable as the LS400W's block.

All in all, I think the LS400W is an improvement on the LS300W so my money is on the 400. I'm waiting for FoxOffer to offer the LS400W as I prefer their customer service over anyone elses.

PiCASSiMO said:
Looking at both, which are nearly identical in price, I would choose the LS400W that has the ability to cool better. There is that issue of the LS300W which after 10+ minutes starts to give blurry images which could be caused by overheating. So from a reliable stand point, the LS400W wins.

There is also the release mechanism. LS300W has the side push that unlocks it, while the LS400W has a bulkier block that you push down on. I prefer the the LS300W simpler design, but it may also not be as durable as the LS400W's block.

All in all, I think the LS400W is an improvement on the LS300W so my money is on the 400. I'm waiting for FoxOffer to offer the LS400W as I prefer their customer service over anyone elses.

In our region is not that hot so i did not had any overheating issue or did not hear from other Ireland / UK ls300w users, but I agree with you on ls400w advantages on cooling better and it is worth to pay a little bit extra on top of ls300w price yo get ls400w just in case if using in hot area regions.

Here's a nice video (although not high resolution) showing the LS400W being installed:

It is same, just looks different.

niko said:
Ls400w advantage over ls300w is have 2 extra buttons on the front for quick settings: EV button and emergency recording button. Also ls400w has more vents to cool dow. Other than that they are identical.

Agree! I just got a LS400W for $150, 2 extra buttons on top of the "only looks different", the buttons look and feel more higher end. Also the speaker grills/heating vents on the front should help vent heat some what although I'd like it to be higher if it's really for venting heat.

Can post pics if anybody wants to see.

Persocon said:
niko said:

Agree! I just got a LS400W for $150, 2 extra buttons on top of the "only looks different", the buttons look and feel more higher end. Also the speaker grills/heating vents on the front should help vent heat some what although I'd like it to be higher if it's really for venting heat.

Can post pics if anybody wants to see.

Where did you buy yours? And some sample videos would be nice, please.

Got mine at an authorized dealer in nanning, guangxi china, i'm here on vacation might as well get legit ones, got 2 units to haggle down the price. the authorized dealer has a 1 year exchange warranty, one unit will be able to utilize that because it's staying here in china with my father in law.

Will have footage tomorrow, do i just put it up on media share? i'm new to this

i can access the site and start uploading, but the progress doesn't budge and the speed shows 15kb/s at first then slows down to 0. any other sites?

I use Mediafire as well, can access from China no problem, think you might be limited to around 200mb on a free account though

Dropbox works also

Google drive I'm not sure but might be accessible, can't remember, I use a VPN a lot of the time I'm here as sites I need to get to are often blocked, Great Firewall of China

For now, you may have no choice but to use a suction cup mount with the LS400/400W/430 due to the 'block' holder.
The LS300W has both options available. I switched from the suction cup to a small 3M mount and the camera in almost invisible behind the rear view mirror.

Back