ls400w dissapointment

Zuntax said:
Revive email below from DOD MAIN OFFICE...

Entry.. When my SN Number was chect by DOD main office my unit was from authorized reseller city valid SN number.
Now please read email below from DOD main office, after my feedback that RMA was canceled was sent to them.... Absurd
--
We are very sorry to hear that.
If you think I replied your emails and try to solve your problem means lack of support, I won’t say anything.

I shouldn’t contact with DOD Canada ask them for help, because I want to save your cost and lead time. I should insist on asking you to contact with Saddle. You bought LS400W from Gray Market, meanwhile you have to take risk on it. Saddle is not a authorized reseller.

About the update firmware, because the firmware was being copied & used without authorization on replica/bootleg of the DOD LS300W. So we removed it from our website. For new models, we are going to list it on our website.
--
My comment.
From my Understanding key words are "firmware was being copied & used without authorization on replica/bootleg of the DOD LS300W"

....Go figure...
--
Update

My Reply to DOD.
As per "firmware was being copied & used without authorization on replica/bootleg of the DOD LS300W,
This only internal DOD's company problem not mine and not any of the end users of the product with carrying DOD brand.

Thank you and best of luck with stoping
use firmware without authorization.
--
Last email from DOD

Dear xxx,
We are very sorry for any inconvenient caused.
We will improve ourselves, and make it better.
Thanks a lot for your kind advice.

Re: AW: ls400w dissapointment

GeorgesNJR said:
adorfer said:
Concerning the sandisk 32GB microSD cards (red/grey class 10):
I will not use them any more.
It's just the 3rd within a year which went into inrecoverable state (even reformatting with dedicated PC flashmem tools fails).

I can not determine if these cards are genuine, but i bought the through different retailers including Amazon and Jacob electronics. So if there are faked: maybe. But this would not change the conclusion for me.

(they fell off in a Motorola Defy+, a GS2000 and a MTK6589 phone. At first reformatting cured the symptoms but errors became more and more frequent.)

http://www.heise.de/download/h2testw.html

Format your SD , use H2Test , if get any error is fake or bad unit , if is a class 10 and writing less than 10kb is fake class 10.

Thx for H2Test software recommendation. Hope it better than others I tried before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zuntax said:
Go to Saddle
What ???[/quote]

"Saddle" and "FoxOffer", - they are two main well known AliExpress re-sellers of dash cameras with good feedback from buyers.

Zuntax said:
Zuntax said:

Entry.. When my SN Number was chect by DOD main office my unit was from authorized reseller city valid SN number.
Now please read email below from DOD main office, after my feedback that RMA was canceled was sent to them.... Absurd
--
If you think I replied your emails and try to solve your problem means lack of support, I won’t say anything.

I shouldn’t contact with DOD Canada ask them for help, because I want to save your cost and lead time. I should insist on asking you to contact with Saddle. You bought LS400W from Gray Market, meanwhile you have to take risk on it. Saddle is not a authorized reseller.

About the update firmware, because the firmware was being copied & used without authorization on replica/bootleg of the DOD LS300W. So we removed it from our website. For new models, we are going to list it on our website.
--
My comment.
From my Understanding key words are "firmware was being copied & used without authorization on replica/bootleg of the DOD LS300W"

....Go figure...
--
Update

My Reply to DOD.
As per "firmware was being copied & used without authorization on replica/bootleg of the DOD LS300W,
This only internal DOD's company problem not mine and not any of the end users of the product with carrying DOD brand.

--
Last email from DOD

Dear xxx,

Very uncomfortable and non-professional e-mail replays from DOD.

niko said:
Zuntax said:
Zuntax said:

--

--
My comment.

....Go figure...
--
Update

My Reply to DOD.

--
Last email from DOD

Dear xxx,

i feel they are very honest, and trying to make better.
Come on, give these guys some times.

niko said:
Zuntax said:
Zuntax said:

--

--
My comment.

....Go figure...
--
Update

My Reply to DOD.

--
Last email from DOD

Dear xxx,

i feel they are very honest, and trying to make better.
Come on, give these guys some times.

Half of me agree with Quintas ( half is on Dod side ), another half is not.
Windows OS can be also purchased as legit and also as cracked.
If you have PC / laptop with legit WinOS then Windows people ( server ) will help you without asking any questions on where have you bought it.
If you have cracked OS without any special patches that blocking non-legit OS cert, then its a different story.
Dash cam firmware developers and product manufacturers could also have same approach: if you bought an authentic dash cam with un-touched firmware ( you did not mess around with firmware yourself ) then with no questions asked they should help you. Same like some Korean dash cams firmware can be automatically updated just by plugging in dash cam via usb cable to your PC. Server recognizes original certified firmware and makes needed updates.
Same with mobile phones industry and many other samples.

Maybe Dod has bad "roller coaster" time lately ( a lot of mess around "grey market" and so called authorized dealers issue) and hope from forums like this they can learn, analyze and take our criticism as so called our help to become them better, because everything is possible if you take right approach.
We are the customers, we are the buyers and if "they" want us to buy "their" goods repeatedly, they should
not ignore issues raised and find some kind of consensus, or customer will go to buy other brand. This is simple and main rule in any business.

niko said:
"Saddle" and "FoxOffer", - they are two main well known AliExpress re-sellers of dash cameras with good feedback from buyers.
I gave good feedback for my LS400W, just unfortunate that I can't go back and edit it. :(

fortuner said:
niko said:
I gave good feedback for my LS400W, just unfortunate that I can't go back and edit it. :(

You mean can not edit feedback you left on Aliexpress or where?

niko said:
fortuner said:
niko said:

Yes, AliExpress.

fortuner said:
Yes, AliExpress.[/quote]

I wonder if Ali has similar to eBay feedback roll-back option where you can do yourself via "your ali" account settings. Via smartphone its hard for me to check. If you can do some surfing in Ali FAQ. I will check later on myself as well.
I know that last year some other electronics stuff one Ali seller was using my photos and via Ali customer support complains they removed them. I guess feedback can be altered as well this way.

niko said:
I wonder if Ali has similar to eBay feedback roll-back option where you can do yourself via "your ali" account settings. Via smartphone its hard for me to check. If you can do some surfing in Ali FAQ. I will check later on myself as well.
I know that last year some other electronics stuff one Ali seller was using my photos and via Ali customer support complains they removed them. I guess feedback can be altered as well this way.
I looked in my account, my orders, manage feedback and have no option to edit any of my feedback. If I remember, there was a limited time to add feedback and after that, it was closed.

EDIT:
Just had another look and it's 30 days. :|

fortuner said:
niko said:
I looked in my account, my orders, manage feedback and have no option to edit any of my feedback. If I remember, there was a limited time to add feedback and after that, it was closed.

EDIT:
Just had another look and it's 30 days. :|

In that case writing directly to customer support explaining situation should sort this out hopefully.

jokiin said:
fortuner said:
Just had another look and it's 30 days.

is that 30 days from order or 30 days from when you left feedback?
This is what it says;

Guidelines

1. You can leave feedback for sellers within 30 days in "Orders Awaiting My Feedback".
2. Feedback will be displayed and activated when both the buyer and sellers have left feedback or at the end of 30 days of order completion.
3. You can reply to feedback, revise feedback for sellers, or report feedback abuse for completed orders in "Active Feedback" in 30 days of feedback active.
4. After 30 days, any feedback can't be revised and removed.

Re: AW: ls400w dissapointment

Good joke. They do not format any more!

And no, throughput has never been an issue.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Dash Cam Discussion 1