ls400w dissapointment

post an review of your mio whit raw videos , impression and sun resist later ;)

silver999 said:
Ok, Full refund received with no quibble....only lost the return cost.DOD UK fully recommended on service.

On squaretrade for new Mio 388 (ordered from Taiwan)
I phoned them today to check and they wont support any item from outside my country (UK) even if bought through UK ebay or Amazon....just hope it'll be reliable...Overall saved £75 compared to UK stock of same item

I like Mio strong brand, high quality control and user-friendly interface. Had experience with 358. In 368 and 388 they have WDR and better aperture, however low bit-rate puts me off buying it.
Anyway, after you receive it, please open a new topic with short review and few raw video files day, night, evening.

jokiin said:
niko said:
I dont understand why they dont e-mail you a new firmware upgrade

they don't want the firmware getting out, ask yourself why that might be

DOD Canada said the firmware was being copied & used without authorization on replica/bootleg of the DOD LS300W. I think it is because of GT300W. But they also said the new model firmware will be released on their website. I believe DOD did some improvement on firmware "securities" :idea:

niko said:
Zuntax said:
I want to talk with that rep from Canada ofer the phone... I will pay him $20-$35 directly, just sent me f.... update by email. Because what is the point to have DVR that must be sent for the update all the time. It's not safe... You will be driving without DVR for 2 - 4 days minimum.

Find your country consumer rights law paragraphs / point on products warranty and point them out to DOD Canada.
Fully registered internationally certified products must be serviced / repaired for free by local authorised dealer within warranty period worldwide no matter where have you bought it from, if security seal is not broken, if serial number shows that it is legit ( not fake product ) and registered in their database and if it is manufactured by Original manufacturer and if you have not done any physical or internal damages by miss-use.

This is a big risk that buy from grey-market. Though we saved money, we couldn't get warranty service from local dealer. It is really inconvenient. @Zuntax why don't you contact the seller instead of DOD Canada? :shock:

Quintas said:
niko said:
Zuntax said:
I want to talk with that rep from Canada ofer the phone... I will pay him $20-$35 directly, just sent me f.... update by email. Because what is the point to have DVR that must be sent for the update all the time. It's not safe... You will be driving without DVR for 2 - 4 days minimum.

Find your country consumer rights law paragraphs / point on products warranty and point them out to DOD Canada.
Fully registered internationally certified products must be serviced / repaired for free by local authorised dealer within warranty period worldwide no matter where have you bought it from, if security seal is not broken, if serial number shows that it is legit ( not fake product ) and registered in their database and if it is manufactured by Original manufacturer and if you have not done any physical or internal damages by miss-use.

This is a big risk that buy from grey-market. Though we saved money, we couldn't get warranty service from local dealer. It is really inconvenient. @Zuntax why don't you contact the seller instead of DOD Canada? :shock:

@Quintas
I do not need to contact seller he us just seller.
Unit was bought from official / authorized distributor from China therefor must be supported by brand.

1st. DOD is registered trade mark in World (USA and Canada as well) therefor must be supported around the world.
Plus DOD Canada is official / authorized distributor key word "authorized distributor" that must support all models of the DOD when serial number is valid.

2nd. I did contact seller and I was advised to sent unit back and they will ask manufacture to update firmware and then they will sent me back my unit or will provide with new one. For I was ask to pay shipping and wait for week or two minimum.

3rd. I do have RMA number from Canada already only because main DOD office checked seller and serial number and sent confirmation email to Canada that my unit must be supported.

4th. I have phone call scheduled RMA team for tomorrow.

FYI. By opening authorized distribution company is authorized to support all client, this is standard international law in wholesale and retail in China, Pakistan, Europe as well as Russia.

I can tell that with complete certainty only because my work blackboard is in international trading and logistics with USA, European, Chinese, Pakistani and Russian company's for past 9 years.

Quintas said:
jokiin said:
niko said:
I dont understand why they dont e-mail you a new firmware upgrade

they don't want the firmware getting out, ask yourself why that might be

DOD Canada said the firmware was being copied & used without authorization on replica/bootleg of the DOD LS300W. I think it is because of GT300W. But they also said the new model firmware will be released on their website. I believe DOD did some improvement on firmware "securities" :idea:

1 - ) They Release the LS300W and the GT300W
2 - ) Some Dealers discovery it´s closely same thing
3 - ) Firmware is released
4 - ) Sellers discovery it´s compatible
5 - ) Dod gets nuts at people discovering the LS300W and GT300W is close same thing
6 - ) They remove firmware from website and start a Nazi persuasion against everybody bought from un-authorised dealers
7 - ) They release new Versions Ls400w , GT450W , and a lot problems born together non-mature products
9 - ) OMG OMG ITS OUT OF CONTROL !!!
10 - ) They start doing stupid things like ask Legit buyers to Send their units for update in case of wish new firmware
11 - ) Some new firmwares leak on net , their overprotection seems not worked.

and continues , Grabs popcorn and keep on.

It's ok to sent unit for free via express shipping..
But paying for corporate IT problem is no in my dictionary.
[CLINKING BEER MUGS]

As sample I just revived some battery packs for mobile / personal devices for testing and certification from China manufacture and they have mandatory requirement "representative must provide full support to all customers.. no matter where or by who product was sold or bought if serial number is real.

Zuntax said:
FYI. By opening authorized distribution company is authorized to support all client, this is standard international law in wholesale and retail in China, Pakistan, Europe as well as Russia.

maybe in your part of the world but I can tell you in Australia if you buy brand name goods from another country there is no obligation at all for the local distributor to do anything for you, in most cases they won't even do it at a price, they just refer you back to country of purchase for support, not all goods have international warranty nor are the required to

jokiin said:
Zuntax said:

maybe in your part of the world but I can tell you in Australia if you buy brand name goods from another country there is no obligation at all for the local distributor to do anything for you, in most cases they won't even do it at a price, they just refer you back to country of purchase for support, not all goods have international warranty nor are the required to

To bad....
If I go to apple store in Australia with my iPhone from USA they will not support me?

Will you provide international warranty / support for your upcoming cameras?

Zuntax said:
2nd. I did contact seller and I was advised to sent unit back and they will ask manufacture to update firmware and then they will sent me back my unit or will provide with new one. For I was ask to pay shipping and wait for week or two minimum.

3rd. I do have RMA number from Canada already only because main DOD office checked seller and serial number and sent confirmation email to Canada that my unit must be supported.

Ridiculous. i think DOD sales just want to save your costs and time, and ask DOD Canada to do a favor. Obviously, you didn't appreciate it, and DOD Canada is under no obligation. :shock:

Quintas said:
Zuntax said:

Ridiculous. i think DOD sales just want to save your costs and time, and ask DOD Canada to do a favor. Obviously, you didn't appreciate it, and DOD Canada is under no obligation. :shock:

Save my cost who? By asking me to pay
$35 service + shipping to service center.
In my case it will be $50.
Why do I need appreciate when company do now care about and user!

Obligation it is something that comes with trademark registration and by opening Official Distributor of DOD Canada that by information from DOD main office is responsible for Canada and USA.

Zuntax said:
jokiin said:
Zuntax said:

To bad....
If I go to apple store in Australia with my iPhone from USA they will not support me?

Try to call Apple Service Center, you will know the answer. Answer is negative. There is no free warranty support.
Could you tell us the name of this authorized seller in China? Then we can buy from him, and get free warranty support from DOD Canada.

Quintas said:
Zuntax said:
jokiin said:
Zuntax said:

To bad....

Try to call Apple Service Center, you will know the answer. Answer is negative. There is no free warranty support.
Could you tell us the name of this authorized seller in China? Then we can buy from him, and get free warranty support from DOD Canada.

With apple care+ I will get all support that need.

Seller was from Aliexpress
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/505576
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/240728529.html
Seller was: Saddle Technology Co., Ltd.
Email: w@i-saddle.com

Last massage from Seller:
Tue Jul 09 20:27:45 PDT 2013
Dear XXXXX,

I am sorry that the file is the Intellectual Property of DOD factory.
They don't share for the public.It is normal that they charger if you want to own it.
It is not our fault,and I can control them.
We only sell the model,not the Intellectual Property.
What we can do is help you to send it back to the DOD factory for updating service.
Looking forward to receive your fast reply in this case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zuntax said:
Quintas said:
Zuntax said:

Obligation it is something that comes with trademark registration and by opening Official Distributor of DOD Canada that by information from DOD main office is responsible for Canada and USA.

:lol: :lol: :lol: The warranty is based in the original country of purchase.
Study more from here, https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/obligor.html

Quintas said:
Zuntax said:
Quintas said:
Zuntax said:

So I'm special )))
My family receive support frop apple in UK with phone from USA. :) after I call US support and ask them for assistants in UK.

Zuntax said:

So I'm special )))
My family receive support frop apple in UK with phone from USA. :) after I call US support and ask them for assistants in UK.
WOW, and speechless

Zuntax said:
To bad....

Apple are pretty reasonable, they will try and assist you if you are from another country and you have problems while traveling, they are not obligated to though, they won't swap out a handset in the majority of cases, there's well documented cases of this on many forums, along with the occasional person saying they were looked after, it's a bit easier for them to turn customers away these days though as the iPhone 5 has different hardware versions for different markets

If you buy a grey market iPhone and you turn up at your local Apple store they'll politely tell you that you need to send it back to where it came from, I've been a the Genius bar and seen this happen first hand

this applies to iPhones, some other products like their laptops I think have a different agreement

Zuntax said:

Absolutely, we make it, we support it

Will you provide international warranty / support for your upcoming cameras?[/quote]

Absolutely, we make it, we support it[/quote]

Nice I'm in !!!

Zuntax said:
Nice I'm in !!!

appreciate it, personally I think these small companies that hide behind dealer networks and don't support their products is ridiculous, they made the product, someone bought it off them, happy to take the money, if they want to be like this they shouldn't be selling product outside of their dealer networks, it's quite obvious that they do

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Dash Cam Discussion 1