ls400w dissapointment

Sorry, my bad. It was user "Sabe" from Finland, who made that CPL lens filter DIY project:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1440&start=70

Yes, sizes might be different. Its just a reference on how it can be done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for double posts... My ios app Tapatalk went crazy....

If any one can do CPL for LS400W I'm IN...)

Also what other DVR with better quality are available on the market?
Without heat problem... Lol

Zuntax said:

Ask "Sabe", he might do for you, he has experience in this.

Can not say about not having heat problem. I have tested around 45 dash cams for the past 2.5 years and never had any overheating problems, but here in Ireland we dont have such a hot weather like in other countries, so I can not give you correct answer.
TioTech ( DOD ) makes actually a good dash cams, overall I am happy with quality vs price ( TioTech non-branded is better value for money ), but of course aftersales service could be better as we spoked.
Regarding overheating issue, as I recommended earlier, - you may drill extra holes, but this will void warranty and it should not be a buyers job. However many products ( not only dash cams ), some time need to be DIY adopted to different region specifics, so if you like your LS400W ( its a great dash cam ), then just do some extra holes on the top for quicker heat dissipation.

niko said:
Zuntax said:

Can not say about not having heat problem. I have tested around 45 dash cams for the past 2.5 years and never had any overheating problems, but here in Ireland we dont have such a hot weather like in other countries, so I can not give you correct answer.
TioTech ( DOD ) makes actually a good dash cams, overall I am happy with quality vs price ( TioTech non-branded is better value for money ), but of course aftersales service could be better as we spoked.
Regarding overheating issue, as I recommended earlier, - you may drill extra holes, but this will void warranty and it should not be a buyers job. However many products ( not only dash cams ), some time need to be DIY adopted to different region specifics, so if you like your LS400W ( its a great dash cam ), then just do some extra holes on the top for quicker heat dissipation.
Ok thanks I will ask him.
As per heat I personally do not have this problem I test ls400 in 110 two weeks ago and no problem, may be become AC was on or may be because ls400 has extra hold for ventilation.
My main problem is mount I need 3m, default one is eating many space in car.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376128891.270489.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376128891.270489.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 107
niko said:
Zuntax said:

Do you know any DVR with same video quality (day and night) but smaller in size(not ls300)? I can go up to $250 - $300 may be more if needed.))))
Just to hide DVR and use it 24/7 when parked or in drive.
Ls400 is not fitting behind the driver mirror in VW Jetta mk6 and no parking mode.

Thx

Zuntax said:
niko said:
Zuntax said:

Do you know any DVR with same video quality (day and night) but smaller in size(not ls300)? I can go up to $250 - $300 may be more if needed.))))
Ls400 is not fitting behind the driver mirror in VW Jetta mk6 and no parking mode.

Thx

I have VW Passat B6 or 3C ( USA ). I guess VW Jetta MK6 has same mirror, right ?

niko said:
Zuntax said:
niko said:
Zuntax said:

Thx

I have VW Passat B6 or 3C ( USA ). I guess VW Jetta MK6 has same mirror, right ?

Passat have more space between the windscreen and the mirror itself.

@silver999
Hi . I got tied up at work ergo slow response
Which tried and true?
I honestly dont know anymore.
I tried the Blackvue 400v2 and that fried on me after about 6 months.
Right now I am leaning to Vico, Lukas,
To tell you the truth, I'd be better off with the cheap DVR-027. At least that way I wont lose as much if/when it fries.
I think I had my sights too high on the features I want and I suspect that the developers of these cameras are still trying hard to get to grips with producing an affordable dashcam which can withstand the abuse these things are subjected to(temp ranges, hot sun thru windscreen etc.) .. Maybe they should consult with GPS manufacturers who have learned to cope with weather extremes, dropped units .etc. etc. etc.
Glenn

Passat have more space between the windscreen and the mirror itself.[/quote]

I will PM you, so not to go off topic here.

niko said:
Passat have more space between the windscreen and the mirror itself.

I will PM you, so not to go off topic here.[/quote]
Ok. Thanks

GeorgesNJR said:
we have a memory topic on ls300w section , check it

sandisk not working well whit ls400w/300w , it´s being a lottery some unit works some not , transcend also someone reported error.
would recommend you a Samsung Plus model Class 10 32GB (not pro model) its cheaper class 10 and be working well for me. :mrgreen:
camera is not even working for you in moment duo MicroSD problems.

when you manage make it work check if it´s not bluring on hot days, some users reported problems on ls400w.
ls300w being working quite ok for me apart no suport from dod, no updates.
Oh dear, not more problems with the LS400W! :x I bought mine a few months ago and it was fine and I was happy with it, apart from problems with the suction cap where it attaches to the DVR. Unfortunately I have to use a pair of pliers whenever I want to remove the bit where you have to twist until it seats itself in place. On mine it is far too tight to do it by hand, certainly ISN'T a quick-release design that is easy to disassemble and reassemble. There is the other way where I can undo the long screw and pull it all out that way but that isn't how it's supposed to be done and it annoys me. Then, when we finally get a summer, the bloody thing starts locking up, the picture freezes and no buttons work. Turns out it wont work in the hot weather! :evil: And when I say hot, I mean not much more than 25°C, though the car being like a greenhouse, the outside temperature doesn't really have to be that hot because as long as the car is in the sunshine then it will get pretty hot in the car regardless. I had a generic DVR last time and didn't have any of these problems. Unfortunately the picture wasn't so good so after a few years thought I'd get what I thought was a much better one. Such a pity as the LS400W does provide a very good picture and so far haven't noticed any problems with the MicroSD card despite using Sandisk. I use this one;
41CyNIO1lAL._SY300_.jpg

silver999 said:
I got a swift offer of a full refund so no complaints on aftersales service for DOD UK...lets hope they stick to it and make better quality items in the future then they might just have a winning combination!
DOD UK? As far as I saw there wasn't an official supplier in the UK.

GeorgesNJR said:
Vicovation TF2+ if you don´t mind the size being well claimed over here , don´t heard nobody complain about her yet.
can visit Vico section you don´t going find any complain.
I agree, that's what I'm now looking at.

fortuner said:
GeorgesNJR said:
Vicovation TF2+ if you don´t mind the size being well claimed over here , don´t heard nobody complain about her yet.
can visit Vico section you don´t going find any complain.
I agree, that's what I'm now looking at.

I love it apart from no parking mode.....maybe will just leave recording though when just parking temporarily! seems better angle than the Mio 358

fortuner said:
silver999 said:
I got a swift offer of a full refund so no complaints on aftersales service for DOD UK...lets hope they stick to it and make better quality items in the future then they might just have a winning combination!
DOD UK? As far as I saw there wasn't an official supplier in the UK.

http://dod-tech.co.uk/index.html

He seems friendly and professional...The return should be there Monday so will report back!

I dont mind paying more when you know you'll get good service (he seems to be being let down by the product quality control thats all)

I can buy the Mio Mivue 358 with 3 year squaretrade in UK for an extra £20. The TF2 or TF2+ have no uk distributer so cant have decent returns procedure....oh decisions decisions.....//when is that perfect cam coming out again?lol

silver999 said:
I love it apart from no parking mode.....maybe will just leave recording though when just parking temporarily! seems better angle than the Mio 358
It seems to keep being recommended so hope to go for it soon. I can't help being hesitant, having spent out already on the LS400W, :| but think I've found a good place to buy.

What exactly is "parking mode"?

silver999 said:
http://dod-tech.co.uk/index.html

He seems friendly and professional...The return should be there Monday so will report back!

I dont mind paying more when you know you'll get good service (he seems to be being let down by the product quality control thats all)

I can buy the Mio Mivue 358 with 3 year squaretrade in UK for an extra £20. The TF2 or TF2+ have no uk distributer so cant have decent returns procedure....oh decisions decisions.....//when is that perfect cam coming out again?lol
Oh, I didn't know that! :x I thought I had already tried looking for a UK distributor for DOD but in the end bought via Aliexpress from Saddle Technology Co., Ltd.
China (Mainland) (Guangdong)

I live in the Netherlands but it appears to be more expensive here so I may be buying from this place in the UK;
http://www.vicovation.co.uk/

Also saw him on Ebay here;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VicoVation-Vi ... 1c351c3270

They seem to do a good returns service from what I saw on the web site.

Nothing is perfect! :D

Parking mode: camera record motion detection when it parked.
When camera detect movement it will start recording with 1 or 2 second delay.
Please note that camera must be on all the time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Dash Cam Discussion 1