ls400w dissapointment

jokiin said:
Zuntax said:
Nice I'm in !!!

appreciate it, personally I think these small companies that hide behind dealer networks and don't support their products is ridiculous, they made the product, someone bought it off them, happy to take the money, if they want to be like this they shouldn't be selling product outside of their dealer networks, it's quite obvious that they do

Another words: Dod / TioTech is digging its own grave, but still somehow manages to stay in top ( in its price vs quality vs sales category )?
Wonder for how long ?

jokiin said:
Zuntax said:
Nice I'm in !!!

appreciate it, personally I think these small companies that hide behind dealer networks and don't support their products is ridiculous, they made the product, someone bought it off them, happy to take the money, if they want to be like this they shouldn't be selling product outside of their dealer networks, it's quite obvious that they do

And again YOU 100% Right!!!
I'm ready to pay more for real support and extended warranty if its available and it's reasonable priced.

As sample look at:
Dell - extended warranty on all item and product that the sell. (computers, DSLR's, TV')
Apple - extended warranty with top if line support.
And many other company's on market.

We as customers need to remember that we are voting with $$$.

jokiin said:
Zuntax said:
Nice I'm in !!!

If it is so, DOD sales will not ask @Zuntax to contact with DOD Canada since he knew DOD Canada has no obligation to do the warranty supports for those products bought from outside of north america.
Here what we are talking about is the $35, @Zuntax is asking for a free Warranty support is not making sense.

niko said:
jokiin said:
Zuntax said:
Nice I'm in !!!

Another words: Dod / TioTech is digging its own grave, but still somehow manages to stay in top ( in its price vs quality vs sales category )?
Wonder for how long ?

Until someone create a better product with real support.
Or util some create better and cheaper product.
- Some of as (as customers) will go with quality and professional support.

- Some of as (as customers) will go with low price and no support.

consumer dictates the rules of the market, by stop buying vendors will stop selling.

Quintas said:
If it is so, DOD sales will not ask @Zuntax to contact with DOD Canada since he knew DOD Canada has no obligation to do the warranty supports for those products bought from outside of north america.
Here what we are talking about is the $35, @Zuntax is asking for a free Warranty support is not making sense.

if they weren't trying to hide something they'd just email him the firmware update, (or better yet just have it on their webiste for download) hiding from reality is what's causing the grief for something that should never be a consideration in the first place

hey guys, it's cliche but still I think you need to know "what you pay is what you get" - includes the after service.
if you think something is too expensive then you can just leave it alone,
but if you choose to buy the item from an unknown oversea dealer (especially it's from the country produced 2/3 imitations in the world in past years)
instead of buying from an authorized local dealer, then it's your choice to take the risk and to believe what these so called"authorized"( god knows, I wouldn't believe it that easily ) dealers for god's sake just face it because YOU DESERVE IT, don't act like a child playing trick or treat
tumblr_m2x3jyf2Zk1qa2x39o1_400.jpg

You're talking about to be treated like you're in Michelin 3 stars restaurant while you're buying a street hot dog,
If I want the good service then I know there must be something more I need to pay, I thought it's a common sense, isn't it??

Quintas said:
jokiin said:
Zuntax said:
Nice I'm in !!!

I'm sorry but a never sad that I knew that DOD Canada is not obligated.
Please read from page one and up.

That may be was the words of the seller but din forget he is jus a seller, correction reseller.... Plus 95% of vendors from China, Pakistan are liars their have only one goal sell as much as possible.

jokiin said:
Quintas said:

if they weren't trying to hide something they'd just email him the firmware update, (or better yet just have it on their webiste for download) hiding from reality is what's causing the grief for something that should never be a consideration in the first place

if there is DOD people read it, they should release the firmware of new models as soon as possible. We do not want to listen any firmware securities issue.

I my case I was the really looking ways to buy dash cam in USA but NON of USA company's selling what I need.

FYI. DOD Canada asking to pay for shipping to service center even after the purchase from them.

Also maybe problem because USA is new for dashcams..?

I am always supporter of "what you pay is what you get".
If think slightly in a different way, then actually TioTech giving customer a choice:
1. You buy branded product from authorized dealer and they will take care 100%, but you have to pay for full peace of mind almost double. This is justified!
2. You buy same product from "other" sources paying almost twice less but with very little or no support from main Dealer.

If looking from TioTech perspectives, - I understand this concept and support in some way.
Try to look like this: TioTech produces overall good product ( price vs quality if buy non branded product or branded from non dealer) with failure let's say 5-10% ( this is just assumption to make my next point ). It does not matter have you bought from dealer or not, failure % is same.
In most cases ( firmware issues ) it can be resolved via forum help.
My point is: buyer have a choice of paying twice less, lets say 100usd and be in the 5-10% risk group category where if something happens he has to go through all hassle himself. If buy from good non-authorised reseller and if something happens, then buyer expences are only return shipping cost, it can be from 20-40usd depending on country postal services costs. Also need to wait about 3-4 weeks till new replacement or same fixed unit arrives. So "cheap" buyer risking only with + 20-40usd extra cost and 3-4weeks if he will fall into that 5-10% failure category.
People who understand this concept are not blaming dealers non-support.
For many people with limited budget is worth taking a risk paying 100% less and risking only with 20-40usd + 4 weeks waiting if something happens than buying same product 100usd more expenvice from local dealer.
My point is that buying from non dealer is much better value vs risk % for people who are ready to wait 4 weeks.

My english is not perfect but hope you understand what I am trying to say.

( added )
P.S. Dont get me wrong, I am not encouraging to buy from non-dealers. Just trying to explain my view.
People who value they time and nerves ( peace of mind ) they buy from dealer paying more.
People who has different evaluation of time and nerves, they buy from non-dealer.
Most important for second category of people to understand this concept, knowing / accepting risks and not to blame dealers or manufacturer.
We all have many choices and each person decides whats best for him.

Zuntax said:
I can confirm only one problem that is video play back on Windows Vista 32bit. And problem was not in operation system it is video card limitation of playing back real 1080p 30fps.
Most pc's with Windows Vista's have integrated video card that limits them for only 720p maximum of clear playback.
Tested on 2 old Windows vista pc's ones is 4 years another is 5 years.
I do not have any playback problems on pc that only 2 and 3 years old and running Windows 7 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit.
That is what I thought also, when I tried playing 1080p with VLC player on my Windows XP and why I set it at 720p after trying unsuccessfully playing 1080p. Hoping to get a new computer within the next year...

niko said:
I am always supporter of "what you pay is what you get".
If think slightly in a different way, then actually TioTech giving customer a choice:
1. You buy branded product from authorized dealer and they will take care 100%, but you have to pay for full peace of mind almost double. This is justified!
2. You buy same product from "other" sources paying almost twice less but with very little or no support from main Dealer.

If looking from TioTech perspectives, - I understand this concept and support in some way.
Try to look like this: TioTech produces overall good product ( price vs quality if buy non branded product or branded from non dealer) with failure let's say 5-10% ( this is just assumption to make my next point ). It does not matter have you bought from dealer or not, failure % is same.
In most cases ( firmware issues ) it can be resolved via forum help.
My point is: buyer have a choice of paying twice less, lets say 100usd and be in the 5-10% risk group category where if something happens he has to go through all hassle himself. If buy from good non-authorised reseller and if something happens, then buyer expences are only return shipping cost, it can be from 20-40usd depending on country postal services costs. Also need to wait about 3-4 weeks till new replacement or same fixed unit arrives. So "cheap" buyer risking only with + 20-40usd extra cost and 3-4weeks if he will fall into that 5-10% failure category.
People who understand this concept are not blaming dealers non-support.
For many people with limited budget is worth taking a risk paying 100% less and risking only with 20-40usd + 4 weeks waiting if something happens than buying same product 100usd more expenvice from local dealer.
My point is that buying from non dealer is much better value vs risk % for people who are ready to wait 4 weeks.

My english is not perfect but hope you understand what I am trying to say.

( added )
P.S. Dont get me wrong, I am not encouraging to buy from non-dealers. Just trying to explain my view.
People who value they time and nerves ( peace of mind ) they buy from dealer paying more.
People who has different evaluation of time and nerves, they buy from non-dealer.
Most important for second category of people to understand this concept, knowing / accepting risks and not to blame dealers or manufacturer.
We all have many choices and each person decides whats best for him.

My only question / problem is I personally do not what to wait for 4 weeks its absurd.
We all buying dachcams for safety reasons to be safe in case of X moment.
--
Will it be safe driving without dashcam? MAY BE Or MAY BE NOT...
Do I need to by spare unit or units?
YES MAY BE but why I'm as customer suffering for my own money(regardless of the amount spent).

Problem also in vendors they just not providing more option help customers as how to fix problem. It like we all in 90.
This is 2013, this is IT age most of the problems can check and solved via diagnostic and software update remotely via Internet if problem not solved that you will have to sent the unit back.

P.S.
Some of users purchase same LS400W and end up with different firmware and some have SD card problem, this just totally wrong.

I agree and as I mentioned earlier, most firmware related issues can be sorted out remotely from direct manufacturer website ( if there is a support, but not in case of Dod if not bought from them ) or forums like this if there is a lack or delayed support from vendor.
"Non-authorized" re-sellers like FoxOffer are doing hard job to be on the top of other similar competitors and help buyers in most cases even quicker than dealers. ( look latest post in SJ1000 topic )

they don´t want do support fine , since i don´t buy from original seller i don´t care if they going help me on my problems in use of camera.

but removing any chance update the product is just plain dumb and stupid , it´s like child fighting for candy.

Dod lost a consumer and i won´t buy Dod ever again, i was happy whit my FH500 in use 2 years and a lot of firmwares

stable camera , no big glitches but seems the envy , greed took away the Dod. shame was a good company in past.

Dear DOD..
I know you reading this..... And thank you for telling me yesterday that RMA office is close call us back today, when I called back today same person answer the phone and confirm that I'm speaking with RMA.... ha ha ha ha ... "Professionals" LOL
Then I was tools they will refuse to support SAME RMA THAT WAS PROVIDED BY THE SAME OFFICE.... Absurd...YES BIG ONE.
Because they receive requests from number of user asking them for support.. LOL....

P.S. Professionals... Good luck in business.
Therefor I will not buy anything from DOD aver again......

Zuntax said:
Dear DOD..
I know you reading this..... And thank you for telling me yesterday that RMA office is close call us back today, when I called back today same person answer the phone and confirm that I'm speaking with RMA.... ha ha ha ha ... "Professionals" LOL
Then I was tools they will refuse to support SAME RMA THAT WAS PROVIDED BY THE SAME OFFICE.... Absurd...YES BIG ONE.
Because they receive requests from number of user asking them for support.. LOL....

P.S. Professionals... Good luck in business.
Therefor I will not buy anything from DOD aver again......

Go to Saddle

Go to Saddle[/quote]
What ???

Receive email below from DOD MAIN OFFICE...

Entry.. When my SN Number was chect by DOD main office my unit was from authorized reseller city valid SN number.
Now please read email below from DOD main office, after my feedback that RMA was canceled was sent to them.... Absurd
--
We are very sorry to hear that.
If you think I replied your emails and try to solve your problem means lack of support, I won’t say anything.

I shouldn’t contact with DOD Canada ask them for help, because I want to save your cost and lead time. I should insist on asking you to contact with Saddle. You bought LS400W from Gray Market, meanwhile you have to take risk on it. Saddle is not a authorized reseller.

About the update firmware, because the firmware was being copied & used without authorization on replica/bootleg of the DOD LS300W. So we removed it from our website. For new models, we are going to list it on our website.
--
My comment.
From my Understanding key words are "firmware was being copied & used without authorization on replica/bootleg of the DOD LS300W"

....Go figure...

Re: AW: ls400w dissapointment

Concerning the sandisk 32GB microSD cards (red/grey class 10):
I will not use them any more.
It's just the 3rd within a year which went into inrecoverable state (even reformatting with dedicated PC flashmem tools fails).

I can not determine if these cards are genuine, but i bought the through different retailers including Amazon and Jacob electronics. So if there are faked: maybe. But this would not change the conclusion for me.

(they fell off in a Motorola Defy+, a GS2000 and a MTK6589 phone. At first reformatting cured the symptoms but errors became more and more frequent.)

Re: AW: ls400w dissapointment

adorfer said:
Concerning the sandisk 32GB microSD cards (red/grey class 10):
I will not use them any more.
It's just the 3rd within a year which went into inrecoverable state (even reformatting with dedicated PC flashmem tools fails).

I can not determine if these cards are genuine, but i bought the through different retailers including Amazon and Jacob electronics. So if there are faked: maybe. But this would not change the conclusion for me.

(they fell off in a Motorola Defy+, a GS2000 and a MTK6589 phone. At first reformatting cured the symptoms but errors became more and more frequent.)

http://www.heise.de/download/h2testw.html

Format your SD , use H2Test , if get any error is fake or bad unit , if is a class 10 and writing less than 10kb is fake class 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Dash Cam Discussion 1