LS400W support 1280X720 60 FPS?

Saar21

Active Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2013
Messages
155
Reaction score
27
Country
Israel
In foxoffer they said yes, but I read that she don't.
 

jokiin

Well-Known Member
Manufacturer
Joined
Jan 27, 2013
Messages
50,291
Reaction score
28,426
Location
Sydney, Australia ~ Shenzhen, China
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Saar21 said:
In foxoffer they said yes, but I read that she don't.
not sure if it's the same as the LS300W but the LS300W has a 720p60 mode in the menu, but it doesn't work, it's a software hack, not true 60fps
 

niko

Well-Known Member
Retailer
Joined
May 1, 2013
Messages
10,610
Reaction score
6,503
Location
Dublin
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Going through many Russian and Korean forums I can read that budget or mid-price dash cams have fake 60fps at 720p. Real is 30fps doubled.
I wonder if true 60fps can be produced only buy combination of good cpu and strong firmware.
 

Sabe

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2012
Messages
1,251
Reaction score
563
Country
Finland
Dash Cam
G90, GT300W, Mobius A, C
This was new idea to me, i and tried with my GT300W and sadly it's true, 60fps is made by doubling a frame.
Very easy to check in Quicktime player (at least in pro version) when pressing arrow key to right film goes frame by frame.
I don't need this feature, but this is somewhat disappointing.
 

niko

Well-Known Member
Retailer
Joined
May 1, 2013
Messages
10,610
Reaction score
6,503
Location
Dublin
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
This is unfortunate truth. I discovered it 4 moth ago on ls300w same way like you did via watching file frame by frame on AVS video editor using zoom.
Yes, visually you might see some difference, video looks smoother but its a fake smoothness, something like they do resolution interpolation, now they do fps interpolation by doubling each frame. So there is no point of shooting videos at 720p. Use 1080p 30fps, at least then you get more pixels which are more important for license plate reading than having 720p with fake 60fps.
 

Gurkha9

Active Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2013
Messages
753
Reaction score
159
Location
Montreal
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
GT300W, Mobius A, Mobius B
Funny how at $70 the Mobius is able to achieve a true 720p 60 frames.
 

niko

Well-Known Member
Retailer
Joined
May 1, 2013
Messages
10,610
Reaction score
6,503
Location
Dublin
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Gurkha9 said:
Funny how at $70 the Mobius is able to achieve a true 720p 60 frames.
rcgroups forum has mentioned this already, so its become a normal thing for people who know technology.
I think true 60fps at 720p cost way much more.
 

Gurkha9

Active Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2013
Messages
753
Reaction score
159
Location
Montreal
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
GT300W, Mobius A, Mobius B
niko said:
rcgroups forum has mentioned this already, so its become a normal thing for people who know technology.
I think true 60fps at 720p cost way much more.
Are you saying that it's not a true 60 fps with the latest Mobius firmware?
 

niko

Well-Known Member
Retailer
Joined
May 1, 2013
Messages
10,610
Reaction score
6,503
Location
Dublin
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Last edited by a moderator:

Gurkha9

Active Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2013
Messages
753
Reaction score
159
Location
Montreal
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
GT300W, Mobius A, Mobius B
niko said:
they say need to update fixed firmware, so hopefully mobius have true 60fps at 720p.
As far as I understand firmware v0.34 fixes the 60fps issue that version 0.32 had where every other frame was doubled.
It's now a true 60fps.
 

Gurkha9

Active Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2013
Messages
753
Reaction score
159
Location
Montreal
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
GT300W, Mobius A, Mobius B
Here's the change log text:

Firmware Revision History

See this link for latest FW and installation information:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... ostcount=3

V0.32 - release version
V0.34 - fixes 720p-60 fps bug (new compiler code caused 1080p AOV and frame doubled, not unique frames.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

niko

Well-Known Member
Retailer
Joined
May 1, 2013
Messages
10,610
Reaction score
6,503
Location
Dublin
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Gurkha9 said:
niko said:
they say need to update fixed firmware, so hopefully mobius have true 60fps at 720p.
As far as I understand firmware v0.34 fixes the 60fps issue that version 0.32 had where every other frame was doubled.
It's now a true 60fps.

Thats right
 

niko

Well-Known Member
Retailer
Joined
May 1, 2013
Messages
10,610
Reaction score
6,503
Location
Dublin
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Gurkha9 said:
Here's the change log text:

Firmware Revision History

See this link for latest FW and installation information:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... ostcount=3

V0.32 - release version
V0.34 - fixes 720p-60 fps bug (new compiler code caused 1080p AOV and frame doubled, not unique frames.
Correct regardgin Mobius, but lets not talk about it here, - it's off topic for LS400W
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top