LS430W battery replacement?

billd

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Greetings,
Recently my LS430W has stopped auto-starting in the morning when I start the car. I've also noticed that when I turn off the car, the unit turns off, then on, then off, then on ...
The final video from each trip is corrupt.
I suspect all this points to the fact that the battery is no good anymore. It can't properly shut down the unit.
Has anyone replaced a battery in these things? Do you just (carefully) pry the unit open to access the battery? Does replacing it require soldering, or is there a battery connector? Any specific recommended battery and where to buy?

Thanks!

Bill

Reactions: Luu

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nextbase can supply the battery, would assume they can provide instructions on disassembly also

Luu

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Greetings,
Recently my LS430W has stopped auto-starting in the morning when I start the car. I've also noticed that when I turn off the car, the unit turns off, then on, then off, then on ...
The final video from each trip is corrupt.
I suspect all this points to the fact that the battery is no good anymore. It can't properly shut down the unit.
Has anyone replaced a battery in these things? Do you just (carefully) pry the unit open to access the battery? Does replacing it require soldering, or is there a battery connector? Any specific recommended battery and where to buy?

Thanks!

Bill
I have got that same problem. The last video from each trip can not be played. I also suppose that battery is the reason for that error.
If you have solved this problem, please inform.
Thanks,

Luu

OP
B

billd

Reaction score
Country
Canada
DOD Tech Support also thinks these symptoms indicate a failed battery. I have ordered a replacement battery (ebay) but it may take a few weeks for it to arrive, so we'll see how it goes...
(under $10 on ebay (do-it-yourself), vs $50 for DOD to replace it).

Luu

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
DOD Tech Support also thinks these symptoms indicate a failed battery. I have ordered a replacement battery (ebay) but it may take a few weeks for it to arrive, so we'll see how it goes...
(under $10 on ebay (do-it-yourself), vs $50 for DOD to replace it).
Ok. Thank Billd.
I will order to replace the battery too.