ls430w skipping 15-20 sec between clips

mpcp

Reaction score
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Bought ls430w on Amazon US about 6weeks ago. This weekend discovered two corrupted video clips mid journey and now the recording is missing 15-20sec when starting the next video loop.

I am recording 3 min clips, no motion detection on. I have formatted the sd card (16gb adata) twice. The problem is not consistent. Some times it transitions to the next clip with the usual 1 sec overlap no problem. Other clips are missing 15-20 sec at the start.

Don't know if the problem is that I formatted the card or that I left the camera up in the car for about 20min in the morning sun. Camera was off and I left it off for about a minute to cool when I drove off. Don't see why it should start to skip segments.

Anybody encountered a problem like this before? Any suggestions?

Starting to get annoyed because i can't trust camera now.

Bought ls430w on Amazon US about 6weeks ago. This weekend discovered two corrupted video clips mid journey and now the recording is missing 15-20sec when starting the next video loop.

I am recording 3 min clips, no motion detection on. I have formatted the sd card (16gb adata) twice. The problem is not consistent. Some times it transitions to the next clip with the usual 1 sec overlap no problem. Other clips are missing 15-20 sec at the start.

Don't know if the problem is that I formatted the card or that I left the camera up in the car for about 20min in the morning sun. Camera was off and I left it off for about a minute to cool when I drove off. Don't see why it should start to skip segments.

Anybody encountered a problem like this before? Any suggestions?

Starting to get annoyed because i can't trust camera now.
Are you formatting in the camera? Have you tested the card with the h2testw program?

Formatted in Camera and also on pc. Formatted in Camera after formatting on pc. Testing now with the h2testw program.

Test took 2.5 hours to complete. No errors reported. Write speed 1.82MB/s
Read speed 17.8 MB/s
Don't know if the length of time for the test 16gb sdcard is normal.

Any other ideas?

Last edited:
One more update after the above test. I have reset the camera with the button and the menu defaults. Set everything back up. Formatted the sd card again.
Problem still exists. 20 seconds missing from the next clip sometimes.

Going to contact dod and if can't resolve going to return camera and get a different manufacturer.

Yes adata 16gb class 10

Yeah. I could look at buying another class 10 card and trying it. But would that low write speed be the cause of the occasional missing 20 second at the start of the clip? Surely other parts would be missing too?

Yeah. I could look at buying another class 10 card and trying it. But would that low write speed be the cause of the occasional missing 20 second at the start of the clip? Surely other parts would be missing too?
Hard to say. I would definitely try another card. Cards are always the weakest point.

Whoops, I mean't to get back to reply to you all. I contacted DOD and they also suspected it might be the card or an overheating problem. I put in new kingston 32mb class 10 and tested it for about 3 days and I didn't have any problem with skipping video. I also made sure that I didn't leave the camera up to take heat from the sun. So it would seem that the camera didn't like the Adata sdcard. Not sure why it would have trouble with the card because none of the tests showed a problem with the card - and it was a new card that I got with the camera that worked fine. Will monitor to see if the camera eats this card after another month Anyway, switching to a new card seemed to have solved my problem.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Adata is the preferred card for DOD too. That's what I use. Your card had a very low write speed though. I have to think that was why it was failing. Glad it worked out.

Adata is the preferred card for DOD too. That's what I use. Your card had a very low write speed though. I have to think that was why it was failing. Glad it worked out.

Yeah I know the test showed a slow write speed which is odd considering it is a class 10. What is also odd is I didn't have the problem for over a month. So either the card was faulty and it took that long to show up, or the camera does a slow damage to the card...though I don't know how.

Last edited:
Back