LS460W and Blackvue power magic pro issue??

Jamin_00

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Might not be an issue?

Before I had this Power Magic box the camera would power down 10secs or so after ign off but with it installed the cam stays on. Is this normal as it now has constant power so I have to manually turn the cam off?

And I assume with the G sensor on and the motion sensor on too that it will spring into life overtime either is activated?

Will the screen etc come on in these events??

Thanks

That does sound right - cameras like the Panorama when you have motion detect turned on will just record snippets of whatever happens while you're away from the car. Unfortunately the motion detection of the LS460W isn't very advanced and by the time it detects motion and starts recording you've probably missed whatever actually happened!

Ok lol, typical but thanks :)

I will set it too sensitive and knock the car myself and see what happens.

The best test would probably be give it ten mins after turning off the car so you know it should be waiting, and then slowly walk in front of the car.

When you play the clip back you'll see roughly how long it takes to kick in on the LS460W :)

I've got to admit I never actually tried it on there when I had one so it may be better than I expect as I'm just going off what the other Novatek cameras are like.

OK, will try that this morning.

Am I correct in thinking that these units should be left powered on all the time if wanting them to record "incidents" in the night for example as I thought they had an auto on or something but no recordings from since I was last in the car yesterday and turned it off.

Also, with the motion sensor set to on, its not always recording when driving. For example if there are no cars in front of me on the motorway or on an A road then it stops recording until it determines there is motion rather than recording constantly for 5mins loop like I have it set and it was doing previously.

I have a much older type DOD camera LS430 the camera should pick up walking etc even set at low motion setting!

I'm not sure what a newer camera will do ie turning screen on etc,but playing with settings can adjust amount of time screen should stay on.

I have power on always in the main truck i drive at work,the camera should pick up any movement in front of the lens.

When parked in a loading Dock you see it turn on for people walking, a cat running, a truck passing,forklift passing etc.

Also G sense also turns on for rough forklift drivers when picking up or dropping off stock on tray of truck etc ,etc(can't post video's from work in private area's to show,but I hope this helps)

Back