ls460w gps problem

pietpukje

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hello , i got a LS460W and when the car is parked the dod says that the speed is between 0 and 5km.
It jumps from 0 to 1 to 0 to 2 to 3 to 1 to 0 to 3 ..........
This is the second unit i received with this problem, can it be caused by the glas panorama roof, that the sat lock is not good?
I bought this unit because i had a accident and i had no proof that i was standing still, but with a movie from the dod that shows i drive with 2 km/h while i'm standing still is not a good evidence.
I already reset the unit and that did not work.

the firmware is
LS460W
HG1503200eEN12
13E00ECA00A01

Do someone know a solution?

the video shows you are not moving, the GPS position is not accurate enough to prove that, the movement you see is due to signal changes, if you have an athermic windscreen it will impact signal quality

Yes I had this same "issue" with RX8W. I think there's nothing wrong with your camera and this cannot be fixed.

pitty, because the tomtom gives the correct speed: 0km, so it is a dod problem.
I will test it this week in another car with normal glas.
I will post the result here.

The results:
i have tried it in another car, same problems.
Outside the car next to a street then the gps says 0-1km/hour and when traffic passes the gps jumps between 0-7km/hour
so it is a dod problem.

I have the same problem with the LS460W, and worse...
It gives me no speed at all, most of the time...

My LS430W didn't have this problem, so something changed during the upgrade. I already got my camera replaced by the store i bought it at. No solution...

Back