LS460W Langauge issue - F/W needed

KrazyJay

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
When traveling to Taiwan last month, I bought a LS460W. I bought it there because it was the first time I saw it in a physical shop instead of eBay pages, so I could actually see its size and know it was a genuine product, and happily set me back about 225 US$ / 205 Euros. Unfortunately, after installing it in my car, the dash cam I bought only comes with the Chinese language. English and other European languages are missing. I bought an RX7W+ a week earlier in that same shop which actually came with these languages installed, so except for powering on the LS460W to see it functioning, I didn't check for language settings before purchasing the LS460W and taking it home.

Is there a way I can still use this dash cam in English? I hope to be able to do this by upgrading its firmware, but I have no clue what I can do.

Going back to the shop is a huge inconvenience, as the dash cam is fully installed and the charging cable is nicely tucked away inside the dashboard, but also because that shop is now a mere 6000 miles away from where my dash cam and I are.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

[edit]It also would be great if a mod could fix that typo I made in the title.[/edit]

Thanks for that firmware. I will try it when I get home from work and post feedback here.

So I downloaded this firmware file, and it worked. At first it appeared like my dash cam wouldn't turn on, but after a minute or two it gave me the language selection screen (including English) of a fresh installation. So a big Thank You from Belgium!

Back