LS460w Vs LS430w

moshik

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi,

After more than 18 months with the DOD LS430w I was very happy with the day & night perfornaces (Color sharpness, Whit balance, building quality), the internal battery die.
The result is that the last recorded file was coroupted.

Since the unit was under guaranty, I asked to replace the fault unit with the LS460w.
After 3 days this is a big disappointment.
I made a side to side comparison with video from the LS430w and the my impression is that:
The picture is less sharp, milky like.
At day light, the picture has over green/yellow tone.
At cold weather the focuse performence is OK (absulutly not like the LS430w), but when the car is parking few hours outside (the car thermometer shows 37 C), the video is totaly out of focus at the center and blurred at the edegs.
The recording ISO is also appears on the video, and up to now I couldn't find a way to remove it.

The night perfornmance are slightly better than the LS430w, but it doesn't worth the degradation at the total video performance.

I think that since the LS300w, DOD is trying to do a cost reduction to the product, and one of the results is they replaced the lens or the lens mounting bracket, with more cost effective one.

I gues that 90% of the useres doesn't take out the unit from the car and watch the results (I use it to make movies for the TACX trainer).

Are the latest LS460w are better than the early production?

DOD LS330W = LS430W (both the same) vs LS460W

dzien.png

out.php

out.php

out.php

real test (by @taxiwarior):

LS430W:

LS460W:

NextBase 402G (cheaper LS430W):

1day.jpg

2day.jpg

3day.jpg