LS470W+ does not retain 12MP camera resolution setting

Para Dox

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
DOD LS470W+ front-facing and Mini 807 rear-facing
My DOD LS470W+ does not retain the 12MP still-shot camera resolution setting.

When the dashcam is powered off/on, the setting always drops back to the default 5MP.

Does anybody know how to fix this ?

As it currently functions, during the stress, chaos, and time constraints of an accident, I would have to manually re-configure the dashcam for maximum resolution before taking a photo.

the 12mp will be an interpolated rather than native resolution anyway, how do the pictures actually look in that mode?

I would think in the stress and chaos of an accident most people would more likely reach for their mobile phone to take any external photos rather than trying to shoot pics with a dashcam

the 12mp will be an interpolated rather than native resolution anyway, how do the pictures actually look in that mode?

I would think in the stress and chaos of an accident most people would more likely reach for their mobile phone to take any external photos rather than trying to shoot pics with a dashcam

Thanks jokiin .... you certainly are a font of knowledge ..... I was not aware that the camera manufacturers did interpolation of the photos (for marketing purposes no doubt) .... I just learned more about it here:

https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/what-is-interpolated-41739/

Interpolation explains why our new 'point & shoot' 16MP Canon camera takes photos that are twice the size, but when viewed and blown up, no better in resolution than our older 8MP Canon camera.

Thanks jokiin .... you certainly are a font of knowledge ..... I was not aware that the camera manufacturers did interpolation of the photos (for marketing purposes no doubt) .... I just learned more about it here:

https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/what-is-interpolated-41739/

Interpolation explains why our new 'point & shoot' 16MP Canon camera takes photos that are twice the size, but when viewed and blown up, no better in resolution than our older 8MP Canon camera.

there's a good chance even the 5mp figure is interpolated, from memory they use a 2mp sensor in this model

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B DOD LS470W 8
C DOD LS470W 3
R DOD LS470W 32
Feitelijk DOD LS470W 5
Back