LS470W/LS470W+

Raptor1956

Reaction score
Country
United States
I realize this is a new product and it looks like it's only just begun to ship but I'm surprised there's been no mention of them before. I've had bad luck with two previous dashcams (Mini 0806 and Blackvue DR600HD) and am a little gun shy about buying another one.

That said, this new model looks to have pretty decent video and very good night video. It's not real clear but I'm guessing the plus version comes with the CPL and the non plus version is the same except for the CPL -- is that right?

I only see one source for these in the USA and that's the DOD-Tech website. Anyone ordered through them and if so how quickly do they ship -- the model I'm looking at is listed as "in stock"? What about other vendors in the USA?

And, in case someone already has one how about a review...

Brian

I also like this camera, but there's not much talk about it here, I only rely on videos in youtube, however it uses a battery and is not preferred here and also places with hot climates.

We are a DOD retailer in the US, but don't have these in stock yet.

The DOD-Tech.US website, which had listed them as in stock, now lists them as 'out of stock and available on back order with shipping in 1-2 weeks'. I have my doubts about this as I doubted they had them when I first posted.

CaptureYourAction -- have you heard anything on a date of availability yet?

Brian

I haven't viewed the DOD site, but I just ordered some stock last week. I wasn't told they were out of stock when I ordered, so I'm expecting these sometime next week. I will post here when I get them in or hear otherwise.

Last edited:
Australian Sellers already have stock of the DOD LS470W and the LS470W+ models are in transit with confirmed tracking numbers. So i suspect US stock won't be too far away.

I just got an email with my tracking # this morning. Stock will be here tomorrow.

Does the LS470 take a CPL filter? I know the 470W+ does

Well I've just took the plunge and bought a LS470W+

I will be running it alongside my blackvue DR650GW-2ch to see what it's like in comparison.

I'm expecting a big difference but remains to be seen.

I've been on the road for more than a week and wish I had the LS470W+ with me for the 2000 mile trip. I see that the first batch appears to have sold out -- any word on when the next batch is expected?

Also, can anyone that's picked one of the + models up comment on video quality, bit rate, GPS performance etc...

Brian

I'm expecting my next order soon. Hopefully within a week or so. They have been selling better than expected.

A question i have. I have just bought this NextBase hardwire kit. The output is 5v 2a

2063c0d167071a9643ad551f583d1a69.jpg

43fc3f46ea1c687665cc0eb663091e1b.jpg

d606703bd5af8904256c98c610327ebf.jpg

Will this be ok to hardwire the LS470W+? The supplied car charger is 5v 1.5a output. My gut feeling is yes but wondered if anyone knew for sure.

Thanks

Yes, it's fine. The camera will only draw the amperage it needs.

Back