Lucas LK-350-12VT and LK-330-12VT

alau0115

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi, I am new to the forum and have been lurking around for some time. Thanks to the helpful members in this forum, I think I am about to order a Lukas 7900 ACE due to the continuous improvement in firmware and support.

I notice Lukas sells battery safety devices such as LK-330-12VT and the UPS-equipped LK-530-12V.

However, there is also another model called LK-350-12VT only on Lukas Korean page. From the diagrams on their page, it has an extra yellow cord. Do you know what is for?

http://lukashd.com/shoppingmall/product ... Fmain.html

Does anyone know what are the differences between LK-330-12VT and LK-350-12VT? Anyone knows how to read Korean? Unfortunately Google Translate doesn't help as the descriptions were embedded in the pictures on the Lukas page.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not get the LK-290, does the same job for allot less money, that's the one I bought.

I haven't used it as of yet as am using the LK-530 instead for now (not hardwired in). This works fine and the battery always lasts long enough for when parked as I turn the camera off via the switch on the camera when the car is parked at home. No point me hardwiring it in as I never need the parking mode longer than the battery life of the LK530, the only very rare situation I can think of is if I went on holiday and left the car at the airport - though probably get a taxi in this case anyway as airport parking is a rip off.

The 350 will likely be an updated version of the 330 and the extra wire will do the same as it does with the LK-290, they just haven't updated the English website yet.

ACC is the advantage of the new model 290 over the 270.. 99% likely the same 350 over 330..

"ACC is the function that enables to supply power safely to Black box even if when input voltage gets disturbed by unexpected factors such as the use of aircon or heater etc during driving. So it’s good to connect and use ACC function."

Basically one cable is connected the battery + as directly as you can and the ACC is connected to a line that is switched by ignition ACC such as the cigar lighter fuse. The cut off device can choose to use either if one suffers a voltage drop. This possibly improves operating reliability if you have a car that acts weird!

Thank you Jazzist for your advice and explanation. :mrgreen:

Actually just placed an order with Green-sum for a Lukas LK-7900 ACE+filter+LK-290 as LK-350 is not available alone or in any bundle from him.

Agree that LK-290 should perform well enough. The extra frills from LK-330 or LK-350 may not be necessary as LED display is just an extra piece of mind.

For LK-530, my concern is since it is a battery, there is still a slight chance of getting battery problem if the car is parked outside during the day most of the time.

I would think LK-530 is more suitable for someone who use the parking mode all the time and have the car parked indoor. But I like the great idea from Lukas. It seems to me they are the only one who offers UPS power to dash cam.

The ACC is interesting. I am not new to technology and gadgets but dash cam is an area where I am still learning. Great to learn one new technology. For myself, I would use the parking mode only in some less safe area and it is occasional. Still I will use ACC as an extra caution.

Let see how things go once I receive the product. :cool:

I have the lk 530 in my cars, with no problems. I live in sunny Florida and theres no indoor parkings in here... not even in my house XD. The lk 530 I highly recommend it to anyone, its almost a must, if you wanna have protection 24/7 and not only when you are driving. And the best part if that if you dont want, you dont have to hardwire it and you still have the awesome advantages of it

Thanks for your info. Now the concern of using UPS battery such as the LK-530 is lower on hot summer days. How about during the winter? In my area, the typical winter temperature outside is below 0C. I think battery will drain more in cold temperature. Will it be an issue?

Back