Lukas 7300G : how to fix Configution settings

Minix

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello ,

so i recently purchased a Lukas 7300G .
The camera delivers super quality video .

The problem i have is that to configure the settings , you go in the Viewer and program
my settings via a dialog box , you tick what you want then the problem:
the box cannot be re-sized so i cannot access the ''OK'' button.

I use win7 , 32 bits , i tried many resizer program but it refuses to shrink the window.
I tried the left click + the arrow down/up , i can see the ''OK'' but as soon i left
the left click the box spring back to original.

I contacted the ebay seller Green-Sum but still waitng a reply .

Does anyone have a solution ?

This is the camera , it comes 2 parts : the cam and the recorder , as i know it can only
be programmed with the dedicated app called Lukas Viewer .

Thanks.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/141110293824?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

What's your screen resolution?

Have you got your settings on your PC at default values?
It is 1024 X 600 , it is the default resolution , there is a lower resolution but does not
do better.

I tried using a larger screen but the problem is the same : a get a bigger box ...
but still cannot access the ''OK".

Quite frustating ...thanks to help

It is 1024 X 600 , it is the default resolution , there is a lower resolution but does not
do better.

I tried using a larger screen but the problem is the same : a get a bigger box ...
but still cannot access the ''OK".

Quite frustating ...thanks to help

600 vertical lines is your problem, have a look if there is a scroll option in your display settings, I used to have an EeePC that had this setting and it was needed for the exact same reasons, you had to scroll the desktop to get the full view or some boxes you just couldn't get to the buttons in some programs

failing that you'll need to find another PC to use to set your camera up, this is a limitation of your PC more than a Lucas issue

600 vertical lines is your problem, have a look if there is a scroll option in your display settings, I used to have an EeePC that had this setting and it was needed for the exact same reasons, you had to scroll the desktop to get the full view or some boxes you just couldn't get to the buttons in some programs

failing that you'll need to find another PC to use to set your camera up, this is a limitation of your PC more than a Lucas issue
I see ....then i have to spend another $$.
I tried to place the task bar on the side ....no work.
I wish the manufacturer will find a solution , i google the problem and many have this
kind of issue with many others progs ....remember the nightmare of win95 !!
Standardisation is the future ...

Thanks for your help.

I found a nice app ''ResizeEnable'' that allows to shrink the box , but still cannot access
the ''OK'' button , the author explain why such problem arises :
''
6) Some Microsoft applications have dialogs that can be resized, but none of their contents
move. This is down to the fact that the contents of the dialog ARE NOT STANDARD
MICROSOFT CONTROLS! They are some bastardisation written specially for the application.
They may look like normal buttons/drop downs, but they sure as heck aren't! Hence,
ResizeEnable can't tell them to move or resize. Yet again, Microsoft ignore their own
codebase and reinvent the wheel. And people wonder why their applications are so big..''

This should send a message to LUKAS Qrontech to modify their Viewer app for the
7300G .

After 48 hours , i am still waiting a reply from the seller Green-Sum or the
manufacturer Qrontech Ceo .....did you write SERVICE is a priority
on yours web site ? I know it is rush time Xmas ...but there is no reason
to at least reply to emails saying ''we take note'' ...

although they don't list the minimum screen resolution in the specs they do mention in the manual that not all PC's are supported, given the minimum resolution video the product is capable of producing is 720 lines I'm not sure you're going to get much love from them in regard to changing their program to suit your computer, no harm is asking of course

although they don't list the minimum screen resolution in the specs they do mention in the manual that not all PC's are supported, given the minimum resolution video the product is capable of producing is 720 lines I'm not sure you're going to get much love from them in regard to changing their program to suit your computer, no harm is asking of course

I finally had some success , i use the portrait mode and was able to configure and save ,
though it is a fight to direct the pointer as it reverses ....but it is an habit .

Green-Sum was very sharp in responding to my question BEFORE the sale ....
after is another world of waiting ....even i gave him a good note on ebay ,
in reality i am disappointed of this behavior ....grab the honey but dont
care for the bees ....

Thanks again for your help.

Update :
Yesterday the 6 , i finally recieved an email from my seller ,
he apologised for the delay due the augmented workload .
He gave me the way to fix the time on the system :
if you ahve a Gps included , siply use the Gt time off-set.
Without Gps : set the time at which you will power on the system
next time , say it is 3 pm and you use the cam @ 3.15 , wait till 3.15
to insert the sd /power on.

Quality wise the camera is top notch , i recommend.

Last edited:
Back