Lukas 7300G : Stuck after Re-install Firmware : solution ?

Minix

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ok here it is : too much spare time during holidays .
My system was working fine .
I decided to re-install the firmware 18 from the Lukas site.
So i copy the 2 files img and ran the update .
Before the re-install the cam was showing FH 1.9 ?

Some will ask why reinstall the firmware ?
I did because sometimes when viewing a video thru the dedicated viewer
the route will show-up (via google map) and other time will not.
As suggested on a forum , i re-install the firmware

All the process went fine , untill the message H1 appeared on the box , saying to wait ,
so i waited 5 minutes , then 15 , nothing happened .
Now it is impossible to start the further the cam , stuck there @ H1
It does not even warn when there is no sd card (as previuously).
Wth the sd card , it stays @ H1 forever.

Wrote the seller , but this is holiday .

If someone knows how to do a factory reset or other solution.

Thanks and Happy New 2014.

Last edited:
Update : so far the solution offered by the seller is re-install the firmware .
I tried many times the exact procedure , as suggested for the solution ,
but the box is stuck at the H1 message , which means it never complete the reboot.

Tomorrow i should know what the seller decides to do , i am still under the full warranty ,
hope the CS does a good job : like sending me right away a new box as i return the defective one ...

Update : yesterday the seller agreed to exchange the control box (silver box) .
I packed the box for Fedex with all the paperwork proving the product
is korean and returned for repair.

Oups this morning i received an email : '' To replace it to a new one, the manufacturer needs the whole parts. So please send us all components in its original box.''

So instead of $ 75 shipping , it should go over $ 100.00 for a system costing $199.00

I offered to send the camera + the control box only ....i am hostage of the seller and wait his final decision .

Ebay refused to help saying the 30 days had passed , sold on november 26 2013 but recieved the item on december 3 2013.....
and the seller keep delaying his decision from January 2 2014 .

Paypall would help up to 45 days ...will see tomorrow.

I know that the manufacturer Qrontech claimed that my issue was produced
by my fault , he claims that there was a power interruption during the process.

I can certify that this was not the case : i was in my heated garage with my notebook in
the passenger seat , to be sure i read carefully the instructions , never at any time there
was a power interruption .

For those curious to see the problem :

Might be worth talking to the chap in the Mini0801 dashcam listing, He seems to be able to port directly to Dead Mini0801 cameras and Read and re flash them so he may be able to solve your problem. its all running on the same Operating system just with different software for the program. I hate the way china can post to the world for like £3 or $6 and to return it it always costs nearly as much as the camera.

PS how good is the camera do you have any footage I could see. I was thinking about getting one in the UK.

IMO if you have genuine proof it's faulty like the blurry video from mine or your video above they should just send another camera out especially if there are high return costs for the customer involved unless they are truly going to inspect the unit to find out why it happened (then they should cover return shipping). Why send something back that going in the bin? Otherwise it seems like a reluctant warranty and that they are trying to discourage you from using it by the hurdle and expense of returning it, see the thread of people stripping down 7900s trying to fix the focus instead of jumping through hoops. Maybe they want you to do that as it voids the warranty so if anything else happens you are SOL. Maybe I'm just a bitter cynic ☺

By the way some chaps on here made a special SD card to fix the 7900 that wouldn't boot (IIRC), similar thing might apply to 7300, quite possibly the same TI chip / hardware behind all of these cameras. Might need significant skills. Found the thread:
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/2590/
Maybe these guys could advise.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS how good is the camera do you have any footage I could see. I was thinking about getting one in the UK.
Yes , this one ''agaisnt the sun'' is a very tough situation for any cam.

By the way some chaps on here made a special SD card to fix the 7900 that wouldn't boot (IIRC), similar thing might apply to 7300, quite possibly the same TI chip / hardware behind all of these cameras. Might need significant skills. Found the thread:
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/2590/
Maybe these guys could advise.

Thanks Jaz , i talked to the seller Green-Sum , i finally recieve a similar file to reboot the set top box,
though it did not fix it. By now the faulty is en route to Korea since 10 days ....snail mail $ 10.00
seller still did not recieve it yet ...Canada Post small parcel...are we in 2014 ? or 1954 ?
i did not want to spend $ 75.00 cdn for Fedex ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Pic quality against the sun looks excellent, focus spot on (or so it seems on a 7" tablet). Pity you had to send the camera and box back and not just the box.

IMO if you have genuine proof it's faulty like the blurry video from mine or your video above they should just send another camera out... Why send something back that going in the bin?

1) they can verify and keep stats if there seems to be some consistent defect.
2) not everyone is so honest. They are selling 10's or 100's of thousand units and hundreds or thousands of returns/warranty. Not practical to do forensics and comparisons on video to verify it was not spoofed or duplicated by people scamming free product.

Update : the seller confirms reception of the set-top box + the camera .
I dont know if this is a glitch in english but here the follow-up :

''
Thank you for your patience. We received your item. Please contact us to discuss about the next steps.''

Seems to me the next step is simply to repair the unit and send it back as quick as possible.

What is to be discussed more ??????????????????

What do you guys think ?

Super news, 3 weeks and 1 day to get there?

Maybe try asking them to send a replacement ASAP rather than waiting for a repair ;)

Yep , left Canada on january 16.

The today email :
'' Hello, this is Green-Sum, the eBay seller.
Thank you for your patience. We received your item. Please contact us to discuss about the next steps.''

What could be the next steps ??????

My patience is streched to the maximum .....

Is it a communication issue or a bad faith ...

Well, contact Green-Sum. "Please contact us to discuss about the next steps." sounds like there is more than one option to proceed and your input is needed?

Well, contact Green-Sum. "Please contact us to discuss about the next steps." sounds like there is more than one option to proceed and your input is needed?
Perhaps you are right ....i am too impatient to finish this saga.

Though i dont see what kind of Ok the seller needs : it is under warranty , either he repair
quickly the unit or he sends a new one , like a car repair ....you bring the car for a problem ...
what is is to be discussed further ? That is not on warranty ? That he needs money to fix ?
That Qrontech blames me for the bricking ?

I hope asian sellers change their mentality ...or they will face a huge tsunami of
consumers stopping buying directly.

Update : good news the baby finally arrived at the seller location.

'' We sent the product to the manufacturer to fix it.
They will inform us how long it will take.
And if it takes too long or should be just replaced, they will send us new units.''

I asked to put the process in high priority ...Fingers crossed.

Finally Qrontech repaired\changed the ROM circuit (claiming fault on power outage during the install)....fine.

The unit will be at my house tomorrow delivered by DHL ....free of charge
thanks to Green-Sum .

Patience is essential , thanks for those who supported me .

Back