Lukas 7900 ACE-Firmware Update-Urgent Help Needed

mickydd

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Hi there, newbie here, could really do with your help.

I just received a Lukas 7900 ACE Type B.
Out of the box was running 31 firmware.
I downloaded latest viewer and latest firmware.

I formatted SD card in viewer.

What do I do next. Do I copy the zipped file straight to the SD card or do I copy the contents of the zipped file to the SD card, I believe there are 3 files in total. Or do I unzip the file on my desktop and copy the 3 files to the SD card. See below images.

Would really appreciate any help, have checked forums and Youtube, but unable to confirm correct process.
Thanks in advance.

1.PNG 2.PNG

Last edited:
Great question.

You must place the 3 files from the unzipped on to the formatted memory card.

So just to confirm, I save the zipped folder to my desktop.
I don't unzip it.
I copy the 3 files named firmware, firmup and updatef.txt straight on to the formatted SD card.
Brilliant, that's how I did it.
I will go power up now, without SD card inserted, then push SD card in when Fail comes up on display.
I believe after firmware update you then have to format SD card again in dashcam, is that correct?

Thanks again for prompt response.

You need to unzip the folder, to access the files.
You can then transfer the three files onto the memory card.
Do not transfer the zip file.

It would be best to insert the memory card into your camera prior to booting it up.

Once updating it will say update on the led screen.
When finished it will restart, and boot up as normal. While booting up it will show you the new firmware version.

It would be best to insert the memory card into your camera prior to booting it up.

When finished it will restart, and boot up as normal. While booting up it will show you the new firmware version.

Thanks for this. Off to plug in car now. Fingers crossed.For info, is it possible to use a charger that has same voltage a page, rather than having to go out to car to check?

Thanks all for your help. Firmware updated, only issue now, when I view files on SD card in viewer, no map is displayed.
Can anyone offer a solution? Thanks for all your help, appreciated.

Just to be sure, does the screen on your 7900 show your speed while you drive?
Also make sure you have the latest Lukas Viewer.
The latest one can be downloaded at the link below.
Download Lukas LK-7900 PC Lukas Viewer Program

To play the videos correctly, you should transfer the files off the memory card to your computer in their folder.
So you would transfer the entire alwaysvideo folder to your computer from the memory card. Then when in the Lukas Viewer, you will open that folder.

Just to be sure, does the screen on your 7900 show your speed while you drive?
Also make sure you have the latest Lukas Viewer.
The latest one can be downloaded at the link below.
Download Lukas LK-7900 PC Lukas Viewer Program

To play the videos correctly, you should transfer the files off the memory card to your computer in their folder.
So you would transfer the entire alwaysvideo folder to your computer from the memory card. Then when in the Lukas Viewer, you will open that folder.
Yes speed is displayed, latest viewer and firmware. Will check settings in viewer. Thanks for reply.

Yes speed is displayed, latest viewer and firmware. Will check settings in viewer. Thanks for reply.
Still no map image displayed when playing files in viewer, have checked all details above and checked latest viewer and firm ware. Have formatted SD card again. Speed is displayed. Any ideas please?
Also can anyone advise if I Purchase Apple lightning to SD card cable, can I view video files on iPad, I realise there is no viewer app, but just wondered if I could view video only. Thanks for all help. Really appreciated.

Is your computer connected to the internet while you are watching the videos?
There needs to be a active internet connection for the maps to load.

When you first open the Lukas Viewer and click on the INFORMATION tab, the map should show you a map of the Lukas head offices in Korea.
If this is blank. Then that means the lukas viewer is not able to connect to the internet.

Is your computer connected to the internet while you are watching the videos?
There needs to be a active internet connection for the maps to load.

When you first open the Lukas Viewer and click on the INFORMATION tab, the map should show you a map of the Lukas head offices in Korea.
If this is blank. Then that means the lukas viewer is not able to connect to the internet.
Thanks. I had laptop in my car but wasn't connected to Internet. Really appreciate your help. Any advice on a viewer I could use on iPad?

anyone tell me the latest AC vers for a Lukas 7900 Ace and vers of the coressponding viewer, I believe mine is currently AC31
Also a direct link to said would be great as it took me ages to find the current one I have.

:oops::oops: Just been out in the car and noticed I already have AC37 :rolleyes: So is that the most up todate one there is, and I am assuming that they wont be doing another one for it if it is?

Back