Lukas 7900 Ace help

cadc

Reaction score
Country
United States
hi, new to the forums!

so, i have some issues. For the better part of 2 years, my dashcam worked great, I was running it in a ford taurus that provided constant power flow even when the car was turned off.

well.. I switched cars to a Subaru Forester, which only provides power when the car is turned on.

The camera worked ok for a while, but as a delivery driver, I turn this car on and off constantly, and I think the camera didn't like that very much..

when the camera is turned off, it would give the good bye message, but recently, it just cuts off completely (I think the camera has an internal battery, and I believe its gone dead)

So that's problem 1, I need some instructions as to how to replace the internal battery (if it has one)

problem 2, is that every time I power up the car, it now gives me the "For" message, which its asking me to format the SD card. I attempted to do so on the computer, but after inserting the SD card again, it still asking me to format the SD card, so i'm not sure what to do at this point, other than try and let the dashcam itself format the SD card, however, I no longer have the instruction manual on how to do that, and I've tried searching, but have come up empty..

so problem 2, I need to know how to format the SD card from the dashcam again..

any help would be appreciated!

Before you start to do anything, please find all of the 7900 ACE's below
Here is the page to look for your own 7900 model and type's manual
http://lukashd.com/gnuboard4/bbs/board.php?bo_table=eng_manual

If you would like to format your SD card. Please go to this website to select and download your 7900 ACE in order to start the update by selecting the setting button in the viewer after you have insert your sd card
http://lukashd.com/gnuboard4/bbs/board.php?bo_table=eng_viewer
Or you can simply go to my computer and right click the SD drive for a quick update or non quick update

You have been using the lk7900 for two years, so you better update your firmware as well, so go to this page to find your suitable 7900 ACE firmware
http://lukashd.com/gnuboard4/bbs/board.php?bo_table=eng_firmware
※ How to update

1. Download the attached firmware file.
2. Back up important data then format the SD card through Lukas viewer.
(Those who use 64/128GB memory cards, format through Lukas viewer or dashcam device)
3. Copy and paste unzipped files into the SD card.
4. Start a car engine. (To prevent power cut-off while updating)
5. Connect power then turn on the dashcam. When ‘SD_Fail’ appears on the segment window, insert the SD card.
6. ‘UPDA’ appears on the segment window.
7. After the update is complete, dash cam automatically reboots.
8. The update is complete.

For the internal battery issue, there is no internal battery inside of the 7900. So it must be other issue.

Last edited:
hi, new to the forums!

so, i have some issues. For the better part of 2 years, my dashcam worked great, I was running it in a ford taurus that provided constant power flow even when the car was turned off.

well.. I switched cars to a Subaru Forester, which only provides power when the car is turned on.

The camera worked ok for a while, but as a delivery driver, I turn this car on and off constantly, and I think the camera didn't like that very much..

when the camera is turned off, it would give the good bye message, but recently, it just cuts off completely (I think the camera has an internal battery, and I believe its gone dead)

So that's problem 1, I need some instructions as to how to replace the internal battery (if it has one)

problem 2, is that every time I power up the car, it now gives me the "For" message, which its asking me to format the SD card. I attempted to do so on the computer, but after inserting the SD card again, it still asking me to format the SD card, so i'm not sure what to do at this point, other than try and let the dashcam itself format the SD card, however, I no longer have the instruction manual on how to do that, and I've tried searching, but have come up empty..

so problem 2, I need to know how to format the SD card from the dashcam again..

any help would be appreciated!

All Lukas cameras use capacitors apposed to batteries.

In all honestly it sounds like this is a hardware failure.
After two years of continues use, this day will come.
I would suggest first trying the advice above from Witness Auto. If that doesn't work, please try a new memory card. Even just a regular SD card, just test it to see if this fixes the problem.
If not, send me a message at support@lukasdirect.com, and I will get you repair information.

Thank you both for the comments! Sorry it took me a while to get back on this topic, but as I work full time, been very busy

anyways, I went with Witness's method for getting the lukas viewer and formatting my SD card, seems to have worked as far as the formatting goes.. i've yet to test the dash cam again yet, but more than likely, I may end up needing the repair, seeing as the dashcam no longer remains long enough to tell me the "See you" message before shutting off on its own once power is cut from it..

Guess i'll go give it a shot and see what happens.

Well, i tested it out, and everything ran like normal, it stayed recording, and it even stayed on long enough to give me the "See You" Message.. weird, i guess if the SD card needs formatting, it doesn't do it? idk...

anyways, looking at the footage i got (currently night time) the quality seems off, seems like the video lacks the contrast it had before? I'm not quite sure how to describe it, I'll upload it when i have the chance.

While i was looking at videos to fix this issue, I noticed some of them having external power supplies? this was an offer not available when i purchased my dashcam (or maybe it was offered, and just didn't notice) i wonder if there's a way i can purchase just the external battery pack? seems like it would be very helpful in preventing this sort of thing from happening due to my constant stop and go that my job demands.

Back